what is so special about sugar wharf.....two towers and a courtyard. It is higher but the integration with the city lack. There is nothing there. st lawerence at least has biagio

have you seen daniel's lighthouse? i have lots of stuff was poorly made there, even though it is daniels!
  • putting the waterfall countertops on the wrong side.....
  • so many uber eats and other food delivery people in the elevators
  • venders at street level aren't good....(no $$$$ restaurants), just some buritto shop
  • microwave not range mounted
In my opinion, Sugar Wharf looks immeasurably better than T&S and it actually fits quite well with what is (and soon will be) in its area. Would Sugar Wharf fit where T&S is? NO, of course not but a measure of 'good architecture/planning' is that the building is site-specific and fits in where it is built. T&S might be perfect somewhere else - though I cannot think of where.

If we are starting to talk about disappointing buildings, I would certainly add Daniels' Lighthouse to that list but let's not start that discussion in this thread!

In my opinion, Sugar Wharf looks immeasurably better than T&S and it actually fits quite well with what is (and soon will be) in its area. Would Sugar Wharf fit where T&S is? NO, of course not but a measure of 'good architecture/planning' is that the building is site-specific and fits in where it is built. T&S might be perfect somewhere else - though I cannot think of where.

If we are starting to talk about disappointing buildings, I would certainly add Daniels' Lighthouse to that list but let's not start that discussion in this thread!
i would prefer the waterfront not to have such massive towers....it is like a wall blocking the water. poor planning.

time and space is alright only like 30 floors. and the other two new developments (power something) and the gas station one (cielo) will make time and space fit in. Not that big of a deal IMO.

I live right next door and mass was never the issue. The materials are. If this building kept the same mass and used single pane glass and quality brick (not pre constructed “fake” brick), this building could have been very attractive.

Density is more than welcomed here.

i would prefer the waterfront not to have such massive towers....it is like a wall blocking the water. poor planning.

time and space is alright only like 30 floors. and the other two new developments (power something) and the gas station one (cielo) will make time and space fit in. Not that big of a deal IMO.
Fully agree with you about the waterfront. If it were up to me, development there would have been kept short and open like Chicago's central waterfront area.

As for Time and Space Condos, I honestly don't mind it. The huge massing is rather impressive and will fit in better when all the other developments nearby are completed.

Fully agree with you about the waterfront. If it were up to me, development there would have been kept short and open like Chicago's central waterfront area.

As for Time and Space Condos, I honestly don't mind it. The huge massing is rather impressive and will fit in better when all the other developments nearby are completed.
it is like everything that is going up south of the gardiner is just a mass of towers.........
  • daniels lighthouse
  • one yonge
  • 16 bonnycastle
  • sugar wharf

what is so special about sugar wharf.....two towers and a courtyard. It is higher but the integration with the city lack. There is nothing there. st lawerence at least has biagio

have you seen daniel's lighthouse? i have lots of stuff was poorly made there, even though it is daniels!
  • putting the waterfall countertops on the wrong side.....
  • so many uber eats and other food delivery people in the elevators
  • venders at street level aren't good....(no $$$$ restaurants), just some buritto shop
  • microwave not range mounted
One of the best run south street burgers in the city hands down. Street level vendors are just fine why would something expensive need to go here? Sugar Wharf levels out the neighourhood and is a welcomed addition.

This project could have been so much better in many ways. But it appears the developer went with the bargain common denominator here instead...

...that said, I'll part from its most ardent detractors and say this not "Design" Haus or Strada quality bad yet. That is, I don't think I'll puke when walking by this. >.<

Last edited:
You may want to watch where you walk in the vicinity of T&S - you may be able to control yourself but I fear the sidewalks in the area will be running with vomit :->
...and confetti, depending on the commenter. Either way, /eww! >.<

Back