I've never been up there, what else is on the 27th floor? More offices or is it just the observation deck by itself?

Why was the stonework surrounding The Archer changed during the revitalization of the square? See here for comparison: http://spacing.ca/toronto/2016/02/04/the-artful-city/

I hadn't noticed that they did that but I'm glad that they did. The old stones were basically a bunch of rocks sticking out of the ground at different heights and angles. You couldn't walk on it without risking a twisted ankle. The new paving allows people to interact with The Archer like all other Henry Moore sculptures.

I believe there were riverstones. I actually prefer the original foundation (at least the way the black, circular light cutouts looked).

I wish that there wasn't so many side threads. It gets very confusing. If this goes through it warrants being under Buildings: Projects and Construction rather than Politics.

It's exciting news. Who cares about the current state of the space up there, it's the views that need to be showcased and publicly accessible. I can't see it costing that much to clean up a bit. Some paint, some bright coloured furniture, a small cafe...voila: a new attraction. And Toronto needs new attractions big time.

Now if Commerce Court North could open up their observation deck to the public...

I wish that there wasn't so many side threads. It gets very confusing. If this goes through it warrants being under Buildings: Projects and Construction rather than Politics.

Point well taken, threads merged.

Back