No more pictures updates for this project?! that seems taking a lifetime to finish!??? Gosh!!!!!....

Thanks for bumping this threat for your silly rant. You could always drop by yourself to see how it's coming along, rather than waiting for us to post a picture. Tomorrow is Nuit Blance by the way, don't stay at home.

The Peace Garden seems to be almost finished. (finally) It looks like they just have to do a few final touches and it's done but of course, it's winter, so I figure nothing will be planted until next summer. I want to see the water turned on.

Whenever they finish this project, I hope to hell they ban those seedy run-down shitty little hot dog and fry kiosks that are squished side-by-side fronting Queen. Disgraceful.

I know people need to make a buck, for the love of Christ and all things holy, does your place of business have to look like you just pulled it out of a dumpster? And maybe offer something other than the same old boring hot dogs, sausages, hamburgers, fries, and pop. Jesus Christ. I'd like to drive the bulldozer myself and clean that frickin' "debris".

Whenever they finish this project, I hope to hell they ban those seedy run-down shitty little hot dog and fry kiosks that are squished side-by-side fronting Queen. Disgraceful.

I know people need to make a buck, for the love of Christ and all things holy, does your place of business have to look like you just pulled it out of a dumpster? And maybe offer something other than the same old boring hot dogs, sausages, hamburgers, fries, and pop. Jesus Christ. I'd like to drive the bulldozer myself and clean that frickin' "debris".

+100! I have no problem with one truck provided a limited menu, but gawd does these vans look unkept and smells even worse. Like honestly, the first thing looking at them is how can eating from them not be a health hazard.

AoD

Is the gourmet food truck trend not a thing in Toronto? I'd think that NPS would be a perfect spot. It's big in Hamilton.

Is the gourmet food truck trend not a thing in Toronto? I'd think that NPS would be a perfect spot. It's big in Hamilton.

City Council spent about 3 days in the summer arguing about licensing them - and then when they did the licences came with a lot of qualifiers - exorbitant permit fees, can only be certain distances from brick and mortar restaurants, can only stay in one place for 3 hours at a time, can only have 2 trucks per city block etc

City Council spent about 3 days in the summer arguing about licensing them - and then when they did the licences came with a lot of qualifiers - exorbitant permit fees, can only be certain distances from brick and mortar restaurants, can only stay in one place for 3 hours at a time, can only have 2 trucks per city block etc

Government truly is the enemy of the people.

Bang on about food trucks. Toronto is soooo far behind the world in street food, it's become a pathetic laugh. The over governance of the new and better trucks, means you'll have a hard time finding one. Hamilton does it much better, and easier on the little business man.

... and a lot of cities have areas where the food trucks are known to congregate at certain times, it draws a crowd. Ah dear Toronto, over complicates trivial things and completely ignores the important things.

Back