If there are any pedestrian there, which I doubt, they are better off walking out the driveway which is further from the 407 and might have lights.
I was surprised to see that there was at least one there now in Google Streetview. It will only increase with time.

Are there any development plans for the lands beside the 407 Station, bounded by 407/400/Jane/rail corridor, or is it just part of the 407 ROW?

Are there any development plans for the lands beside the 407 Station, bounded by 407/400/Jane/rail corridor, or is it just part of the 407 ROW?

I'm pretty sure those lands are owned by the province. I would expect ORC to seek to develop these lands at some point to capture higher land values the subway will bring. To think the area around the 407 Transitway station will just be a massive parking is kidding themselves. These lands may not be developed right after the subway opens, but in due time I believe they will. Whether the parking lots that will be there when the subway opens remain is another question. I'm sure there will be some parking, but not as much once the area is developed, possibly as an office node with some residential mixed in.

from Daily Commercial News, Station at Highway 407 and Jane...

SUBWAY STATION Proj: 9092083-3
Vaughan, York Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

Highway 407 Subway Station, Hwy 407, Jane St, L4L
$20,000,000 est

Note: Concept design has been completed by the Arch. Tender for Contractors to complete cut and cover and track to connect Spadina to the Wilson Yard has been issued, report number 9104634. Arch is undertaking preliminary Station concept plans and design. An Information Session will be held by the Owner for interested Design/Build Contractors and Consortia December 4, 2009. INFORMATION is available at www.ttc.ca. Owner expects to issue a Design/build/Bid proposals for Consortia to complete Working drawings and Contract management early 2010 with York University Station, report number 9080311 and the Sheppard West Station, report number 9092088. Individual Consortia will be awarded Spring 2010. Tender and construction schedules will be determined Summer, 2010. Further update early 2010.

Project: proposed construction of a new subway station as part of the expansion of the Spadina subway line followed under report number 1309236. This project will be built as part of the second phase of the expansion, from Steeles Ave to York Region. The project will have a double track and concourse level and a passenger level. Commuter parking and transit facilities will also be included.

Scope: 8,000 m²; 1 storey; 2 storeys below grade
Development: New
Category: Passenger terminals; Retail, wholesale services

407 Transitway Render

Hello all. Sorry if I am interrupting the flow of the conversation but I have been doing some digging for Spadina Extension renders and I Googled the 407 Transitway Station. On images I found a render by station architecture firm AEDAS. The tag was 'Highway 407' so I hope that this picture is a rendering of that station. Anyway, here it is:
bd955c82-eddd-48b2-9843-50b9eed7f8d6.jpg

As per the plan on the TTC website, there is lots of light and a long escalator with the station being so deep.

During my searching, I came across an article on Torontoist and some commentors were bemoaning the large parking lot. However, they fail to understand that the majority of passengers using this station will be driving down the 407, hence the name 407 Transitway.

That is all,
Cheers

^^ Actually, if you look further into this thread, you'll find that the intention of the station is to link with the proposed 407 Transitway, a regional BRT running beside the 407 along the Hydro Corridor.

Highway 407 Subway Station

Public Open House
Highway 407 Subway Station

The Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE)
project will extend the TTC subway system from
Downsview Subway Station to the City of Vaughan.

Toronto Transit Commission invites you to a Public Open House
to view the final design of Highway 407 Subway Station.

DATE: Tuesday, July 13, 2010
TIME: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm

The Hilton Garden Inn
3201 Highway 7, Vaughan

407Station.jpg

Attachments

• 407Station.jpg
    407Station.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:
Time for another trip to the Spadina Subway Extension. This time we're exploring plans for Highway 407 station, by Jane Street in Vaughan.

Hwy407StnPkgEntViewDetail.jpg

TTC / Aedas / David Pearl

Design work on the station includes these huge firms:
AECOM: Prime Consultant – Engineering & Architecture : Project Management, based in Los Angeles, with 45,000 employees around the world
Aedas: Design Architecture, based in London and Hong Kong, with 39 offices around the world
PB (Parsons Brinckerhoff): Design Engineers, based in New York, with 14,000 employees around the world

Public Artwork at the station is being created by Toronto-based David Pearl, who is known for his large enamel-on-glass work.

The following views come from several sources, and while the design concept is consistent, you will find differences amongst the details. It will be over four years before we see exactly how the plans are translated into reality and which of the renderings are most accurate, but in the meantime you will have a good general sense of this impressive station.

Site Plan
Hwy407StnSitePlan.jpg

TTC / Aedas

View from Jane Street
Hwy407StnJaneStView.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Hwy407StnJaneStViewDetail.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Bus Terminal Level
Hwy407StnBusTermLvl.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Bus Terminal Interior
Hwy407StnBusTerm.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Parking Entrance Level
Hwy407StnPkgEntLvl.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Parking Entrance View
Hwy407StnPkgEntView.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Parking Entrance Interior
Hwy407StnEntLvlInt.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Concourse Level
Hwy407StnConcLvl.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Concourse Interior
Hwy407StnConcLvlInt.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Section
Hwy407StnSection.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Escalators at Lightwell
Hwy407StnAedLightwell.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Platform Level
Hwy407StnPlatLvl.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Platform View
Hwy407StnPlatView.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Let's take a closer look at the integration of David Pearl's enamelled glass artwork in the station. The work will appear on the lightwell windows, and on the window walls of the bus terminal. It appears that plans to also enamel the sides of escalators through the station has been dropped, but below you will see how it would have appeared. (For more information about the station's art concept, click here.)

Hwy407StnArtwork.jpg

Hwy407StnDPArtworkModel.jpg

Hwy407StnDPLightwell.jpg

Hwy407StnDPBusTermDetail.jpg

Hwy407StnDPBusTermWWin.jpg

Finally, a couple of images from Aedas' model of the station, giving an indication of lighting in the evening.

Hwy407StnAedCornerEvening.jpg

TTC / Aedas

Hwy407StnAedSideEvening.jpg

TTC / Aedas

The Hwy 407 Station is in my opinion the best one out of all that have been so far posted. But I have high doubts that the final product will look anything as cool and aesthetically pleasing since we all know that the TTC will end up hacking out half the stuff.

Beautiful but, as Alvin said, grossly overbuilt.

The Spadina subway is a "let them eat cake" moment in Toronto's transit history, and at a time when we really can't afford things like this. I'm not against subway construction, I'm against extravagant subway construction - especially for what will basically amount to a park and ride lot with some bus traffic. It didn't have to be like this.

Beautiful but, as Alvin said, grossly overbuilt.

The Spadina subway is a "let them eat cake" moment in Toronto's transit history, and at a time when we really can't afford things like this. I'm not against subway construction, I'm against extravagant subway construction - especially for what will basically amount to a park and ride lot with some bus traffic. It didn't have to be like this.

I both agree and disagree with you, if that makes any sense.
In agreement, I do believe that this design might be a little over the top and it might be more aesthetically pleasing rather than efficient/practical. However, I'm not sure if you know what the City of Vaughn is planning for that area between the 407 and Highway 7 along Jane, but it projects to be the "Downtown" of Vaughan (or Woodbridge/Concord -- whatever) with hopes of condos and offices et al. With some hope it may actually see alot of traffic, also isn't this station going to be a transit hub? With TTC, Viva, YRT and GO getting platforms?

However, I'm not sure if you know what the City of Vaughn is planning for that area between the 407 and Highway 7 along Jane, but it projects to be the "Downtown" of Vaughan (or Woodbridge/Concord -- whatever) with hopes of condos and offices et al. With some hope it may actually see alot of traffic, also isn't this station going to be a transit hub? With TTC, Viva, YRT and GO getting platforms?

Most of those offices and condos, if they materialize at all, will probably be located north of Hwy 7 and served by the VCC station.

There is a limited amount of space between Hwy 7 and 407, and part of it is occupied by IKEA and its parking lot.

The 407 station will mostly serve riders arriving with the 407 express buses, and park-and-riders.

Back