I doubt it. Proximity to Queen's Park... on Bay Street... close to Yorkville... last spot on Bay Street to put a condo... I'd be severly shocked if any of those things happened, even if the US and Canada were sent into full recession.

In Yorkville and close to Yorkville are completely different things. I have a friend who just sold his place in Polo Club II across the road and he was amazed (i.e., disapointed) at how much of a price difference there is in just a few blocks. Frankly you'd have to be a sucker to pay such high prices to live there when there are so many other cheaper buildings nearby. It'd be less money to buy in an older building and have it gutted.

In Yorkville and close to Yorkville are completely different things. I have a friend who just sold his place in Polo Club II across the road and he was amazed (i.e., disapointed) at how much of a price difference there is in just a few blocks. Frankly you'd have to be a sucker to pay such high prices to live there when there are so many other cheaper buildings nearby. It'd be less money to buy in an older building and have it gutted.

You really don't have a clue do you. I listed Yorkville as only one of the factors, but definitely not the selling factor. You know what, nevermind. I'm done wasting my time with you.

yep, looks like they've started ripping down that ancient brick wall... it always looked so out of place bordering Bay Street.

Too bad. I'm all for this development etc., but I have always had a fondness for that wall (though it is somewhat anachronistic).

It is a shame that rustic old brick wall has to go. Why was it built anyway? Obviously it pre-dates the parking lot.

Maybe we should create a Wall District, so we can preserve all the old walls that get torn down...

Really they should have incorporated the wall into any condo design to preserve the key architectural features. :rolleyes:

And Toronto's history continues to crumble away...

Because we're losing a humdrum brick wall? If that wall is that representative of Toronto's history - and I don't think that it is - then our history isn't worth preserving.

Age alone does not make something historical.

Back