I can see that. This type of location is pretty rare downtown, it's like living next door to a park. Imagine, if you left the building and walked west, you wouldn't run into any more residential until you hit Spadina. That's amazing.

...as long as you don't count residences as residential.

I can see that. This type of location is pretty rare downtown, it's like living next door to a park. Imagine, if you left the building and walked west, you wouldn't run into any more residential until you hit Spadina. That's amazing.

Agreed. Proximity to Queen's Park, Government buildings, and U of T, I'd be shocked if this place didn't sell quickly, even with the crappy floor plans.

Lots of pictures from October 2008 Condo Life mag.

ps. Would anyone mind telling me how to link to other photos so people who aren't members can also see the pictures (or regulars don't need to log in just to view them)?

Attachments

• ucondo_condolifecover.jpg
    ucondo_condolifecover.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 320
  • ucondo_page1.jpg
    ucondo_page1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 305
  • ucondo_page1picture.jpg
    ucondo_page1picture.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 296
  • ucondo_page2.jpg
    ucondo_page2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 306
Lots of pictures from October 2008 Condo Life mag.

ps. Would anyone mind telling me how to link to other photos so people who aren't members can also see the pictures (or regulars don't need to log in just to view them)?

you would have to upload your photos on photobucket or flick or whatever and link them...

I heard that there was a vip broker sale today....does anyone have insight or information on sales? I heard that the west tower is sold out.

I heard that there was a vip broker sale today....does anyone have insight or information on sales? I heard that the west tower is sold out.

If they can sell out a big building with mediocre units (and I'm being nice about that) at a broker sale then the economic sky is definitely not falling here. Well, at least not yet.

No, apparently the 90 percent sold in the west tower is all PRE-VIP sales, to friends and family etc...And YES, the plans are totally average! No innovations, nothing special and my pet peeve 9' 9" Master bedrooms in units that are over 500K!!!

No, apparently the 90 percent sold in the west tower is all PRE-VIP sales, to friends and family etc...And YES, the plans are totally average! No innovations, nothing special and my pet peeve 9' 9" Master bedrooms in units that are over 500K!!!

People in the city of Toronto should get used to master bedrooms that are 9ft X 9ft! Europeans in densly populated cities have been doing it for years....gone are the days of 16 x 10 bedrooms. Personally I would rather live in a smaller space, it's much more urban and it allows people to be more creative with their spaces.

Actually, the VIP sale was two weeks ago and the 10 cooling period expired on Oct 1st.

The U Condo's temporary sales office is located at 3101 Bathurst Street, Unit #103 - TFN Reality Inc.

Most of the one bedroom and one bedroom plus den units already sold out and only a few two bedrooms at lower floor and executive units are still available.

If they can sell out a big building with mediocre units (and I'm being nice about that) at a broker sale then the economic sky is definitely not falling here. Well, at least not yet.

I understand that with all the volatility and uncertainty in the US, a tremendous amount of foreign money has flowed into T.O. within the past two weeks, and gone straight into Real Estate..probably condos in the core. I do not think we will be totally immune to the global slowdown, however.

a tremendous amount of foreign money has flowed into T.O. within the past two weeks, and gone straight into Real Estate

Wouldn't that be ironic if we ended up being a 'safe haven' for international real estate investors? ;)

Back