I hope youre being sarcastic... I think most people agree that variety of buildings is what makes for an interesting city. I love this city, but its frustrating how many of these new projects look so similar.

Oh, I think plenty of the buildings going up lately look exactly/too much the same, but I love shiny corporate curtain walls. Simcoe Place is about the biggest blue building we have. White, red, grey, black, gold, they're all covered...we could use a few more shades of blue.

Will that big doodad handing on the side make it in to the final construction.

Funny, I first saw the render in the rendering section and the first thing that came to mind was "looks like Simcoe Place". Guess I'm not the only one thinking this!

Could have been another Bay-Adelaide Centre, but since practicality and design don't always seem to go hand in hand, this is still certainly better than some of the other projects going up. I find it hard to believe there was any chance this project would ever have silver or some metallic looking glass.

Looks like a shorter version of the Manulife Building in Hong Kong.

263019109_b3b9f12821_b.jpg

Additional Images

If you check out the architect's website, they have additional images for this project. IMO based on the images there, this building does not look too shaby at all.

Enjoy - http://www.tampoldarchitects.com/ (Click Designs for Images 1 - 4 and Environments Images 5 - 8)

It's a pretty tremendous tower.. But I have to admit the Skywalk retail is amusing me... I don't know how I noticed - but it's the same fictional retail as 100 Yorkville (Saash and Clique)

Did anyone catch the heritage attributes of the Skywalk, in the report?

"The Sky Walk opened in 1989 and connects Union Station to the Convention Centre, Roundhouse and Rogers Centre (Skydome). Designed in the Post Modern Style, the Sky Walk is a large glazed passage way/arcade, enclosed by a semi-circular roof reminiscent of the Eaton Centre, early 20th century European pedestrian concourses and railway stations."

Back