The integration at the non-Pearson stations essentially makes UPX a GO line with a premium fare zone at Pearson, not all that dissimilar from Vancouver. Yes, the base fare is higher, but it's still pretty similar.

I wonder if with Presto on UP now being integrated with regular GO if this fare (as an example) would be available:

upload_2016-3-10_11-2-42.png

$10.53 from Ajax to the airport seems a very good deal!

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-10_11-2-42.png
    upload_2016-3-10_11-2-42.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 496
I wonder if with Presto on UP now being integrated with regular GO if this fare (as an example) would be available:

$10.53 from Ajax to the airport seems a very good deal!

The airport premium would still apply on top of that though, so it would be an extra couple of dollars. But yes, still a pretty good deal indeed.

The airport premium would still apply on top of that though, so it would be an extra couple of dollars. But yes, still a pretty good deal indeed.
you would think.....but when I was inquiring about the Weston to Ex trip the other day there was a very slight bit of "snark" in the answer because they kept suggesting my answer was right there in the fare calculator.

So I wonder if the same is not true for other trips.....but you would expect a premium...otherwise that is a splendid deal to get to the airport from Ajax (and presumably other places...I just used that as an example).

Has anyone been on the trains and/or in the stations since yesterday? Just curious if the reduced fares are having a noticeable effect on passenger numbers yet.

Has anyone been on the trains and/or in the stations since yesterday? Just curious if the reduced fares are having a noticeable effect on passenger numbers yet.

The Star ran a story yesterday comparing car vs. TTC. vs UPX. Three reporters set off from the same place to see who could get to Union the quickest using their method of travel.

The UPX rider noticed the trains were pretty full with commuters, and many told him they would be using it regularly now that the price has gone down. If the numbers can hold up, it just shows how transformative RER will be to Toronto and the GTA.

Reactions: rbt
The UPX rider noticed the trains were pretty full with commuters, and many told him they would be using it regularly now that the price has gone down. If the numbers can hold up, it just shows how transformative RER will be to Toronto and the GTA.

I honestly do not know why anyone getting on at Weston now would use a GO train rather than this.....in the morning rush the 10 car GO trains on the KW line are full by the time they get to Weston....temporarily the UP is cheaper.....it has seats available....it comes every 15 minutes and is faster to Union.

The trains are smaller so what looks like a paltry few getting on a 10 car GO train at Weston will have a significant impact on the appearance of "fullness" on a UP train.

I honestly do not know why anyone getting on at Weston now would use a GO train rather than this.....in the morning rush the 10 car GO trains on the KW line are full by the time they get to Weston....temporarily the UP is cheaper.....it has seats available....it comes every 15 minutes and is faster to Union.

The trains are smaller so what looks like a paltry few getting on a 10 car GO train at Weston will have a significant impact on the appearance of "fullness" on a UP train.

That was actually one of the comments from one of the users of the UPX. GO Trains were always crowded, whereas he gets a seat on the UPX.

So I understand this, the GO KW also uses the same tracks as UPX? I would be curious to know if these passengers now using UPX to get to Union got to Weston on the TTC

So I understand this, the GO KW also uses the same tracks as UPX? I would be curious to know if these passengers now using UPX to get to Union got to Weston on the TTC
yeah.....not sure if that is permanent but, yeah...and it is kinda freaky when you are sitting in the window seat of a GO train as it enters the station from the west and goes past the high platforms of the UP and the platform is right at window level....always looks to me (I know it isn't) that we are "scraping" through the platform.

yeah.....not sure if that is permanent but, yeah...and it is kinda freaky when you are sitting in the window seat of a GO train as it enters the station from the west and goes past the high platforms of the UP and the platform is right at window level....always looks to me (I know it isn't) that we are "scraping" through the platform.
I had no idea. That's unreal. Now this may sound insane, but if they use same tracks, how do people board at Weston on GO

I had no idea. That's unreal. Now this may sound insane, but if they use same tracks, how do people board at Weston on GO
Best I can describe it...the two platforms are linear....the west end is elevated and used by UP....the east end is lower and is for GO trains.....so EB trains go through the UP area and then stop at the lower platform. WB trains stop before they get to the UP platforms.

Back