^ I really think Metrolinx is doing a better job describing it than you. Unlike you they are using Regional and Local as opposed to GO and TTC......so, your posts when you use that language suggest some sort of different/special deal for integration as it relates to Toronto compared to other municipalities...

upload_2016-3-11_15-35-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-11_15-35-32.png
    upload_2016-3-11_15-35-32.png
    555.9 KB · Views: 546
^ I really think Metrolinx is doing a better job describing it than you. Unlike you they are using Regional and Local as opposed to GO and TTC......so, your posts when you use that language suggest some sort of different/special deal for integration as it relates to Toronto compared to other municipalities...
Yes, of course, Metrolinx describes it better. That's why I told you to go check them out :)
That said, Weston-Bloor-Union is within the 416/TTC operated area. That's why I specifically mentioned TTC.

Probably not on a system-wide basis, as a lot of the new people on UPX would have been on GO anyway.
That said, some were former TTC commuters too. Those that didn't like the too-infrequent hourly service. There should be a net gain on a system-wide basis (for Metrolinx systems). Whether this means a total revenue increase or not, is a good question.

Any capacity freed from the Bloor line, is probably prompted filled back in anyway over time, so negligible loss on TTC side, I would imagine.

Last edited:
I'll add my experience today: went from Donlands/Cosburn to Pearson to grab a buddy's car for him as he jetted off.

6am bus to Broadview, Line 2 to Dundas West, short walk and Bloor to Pearson UPX. 1hr 15mn total time, very relaxed - longest time was wait at Bloor for 12mns. Lots of people in the train - maybe 50% full?

Trip back on the 401 / DVP to Don Mills south was 45mn, with traffic flowing.

Price: $5.02 Presto & swipe of monthly TTC pass, so call it $7.92.
Parking for Mike for the short time at T1: $10

FWIW, looked like mostly passengers rather than commuters, for which I, for one, am glad.

Now that they've sorted pricing out is there any way we can get it to run for more hours a day? I've been looking forward to using the UPX since it started operating, but have been flying in and out of Billy Bishop until three weeks ago when I had to head to Pearson to catch a flight to Calgary. Problem was, I bought my flight with Air Miles and for cheapness' sake Iwas forced into choosing the worst flight times.
YYZ 》YYC at ~0630 and YYC 》 YYZ landing at ~0145
I had to drive myself to the airport and spend 150 on parking for 8 days instead. I live on Queens Quay so was in no way interested in taking 24hr buses to get there.

So, I was forced to dream on. Sigh.

Ah, because it was supposed to be 80 dollars with an online discount code. Problem is....at 4 in the morning, I ended up parking in the wrong lot and my discount code didn't work.

Has anyone who uses the train regularly or has been down at a station noticed a bump in ridership?

I used it on Thursday at 5:20 and it departed ~85% full. There were lots of people alighting at Bloor and Weston, I counted over 25 at Bloor and I didn't catch all the exits.

Ah, because it was supposed to be 80 dollars with an online discount code. Problem is....at 4 in the morning, I ended up parking in the wrong lot and my discount code didn't work.

skypark.ca
It's $60+hst for 8 days

Had to park for 2 weeks (had skiis that most airport car's charge extra for) and found this place online. A bit gritty (vans are older, potholes in lots, etc) but really cheap.

They were handing out free UPX passes at Montreal Trudeau Airport today.

I saw that too today after landing in Montreal airport. They actually had two UPX attendants within the Montreal domestic terminal handing out passes and as well as actively selling UPX tickets right beside the Toronto-bound flight gates. Clearly Metrolinx is getting quite creative these days.

Back