This batch are a rather moatley crew…

View attachment 74014

Walls for the bridge over the Bay Concourse doors are going in, in the back corner below:
View attachment 74015 View attachment 74016 View attachment 74017

Scaffold to protect people walking past the wall cleaning on Bay Street:
View attachment 74018 View attachment 74019 View attachment 74020

Inside, the floors near the Front Street ramps are being worked on:
View attachment 74021

Awesome photo update of the progress, thanks a bunch!

the skywalk is still planned to be replaced by a more modern version with the construction of an office building - the building is just waiting for a lead tenant to sign.

Trying to figure out if that's a typo, or actually means something!

WP_20160429_21_35_15_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20160429_21_35_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160429_21_35_15_Pro.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 1,480
Or vandalism.
This isn't vandalism--it's a minor disruption of shared public space for ironic play. It's a momentary interruption of our expectations. When you see it, since we're all aware exactly what was originally there and how this amendment changes it, I think the best response is a wry smile.

This isn't vandalism--it's a minor disruption of shared public space for ironic play. It's a momentary interruption of our expectations. When you see it, since we're all aware exactly what was originally there and how this amendment changes it, I think the best response is a wry smile.

It's vandalism. The culprit deserves a minimum of 5 years of hard labour. Just imagine the sheer embarrassment of people reading the sign and mistakenly creeping and tip toe-ing past the construction zone. How will they ever live it down?

It's vandalism. The culprit deserves a minimum of 5 years of hard labour. Just imagine the sheer embarrassment of people reading the sign and mistakenly creeping and tip toe-ing past the construction zone. How will they ever live it down?

I agree. Maybe that would finally make the project finish on time.

AoD

Or, we could just accept some sort of middle ground....that a) it is (and meets the very definition of ) vandalism and/but b) it is so minor that it is not worth doing anything about.

Just because it may be minor interruption does not change the definition of what it is...it is vandalism....but so minor we should just wrly smile and move on.

Speaking of the Skywalk I thought it was closing at some point to be incorporated into a new building. Any idea when that will be happening?
Allied REIT's Union Centre tower has zoning permission, but it is not on their plans for a quick build and is likely several years from a start: they have other projects they want to push ahead at this time. If, however, a lead tenant looking for copious space in it were to materialize, I am sure that the timing on the Union Centre would be moved up.

Meanwhile, creepin' on outta here…

Back