I think the entire York Concourse isn't settling properly. There are cracks in the Terrazo on the upper floor of the concourse, the wall tiles and joints between old and new sections are also buckling.

This doesn't bode well and heads will roll if structural failure occurs.

View attachment 152679 View attachment 152680 View attachment 152681 View attachment 152682
Aaannnnd project has been extended to 2026. Bay concourse will open early, while still rough, to accommodate closing of York concourse. Trains will be diverted from regular platforms. Presto will be out of service. Please plan your commutes accordingly. Thank you for your understanding while we work to give you an excellent experience here at Metrolinx. Next train: hell.

When I was walking through Union this morning I was hearing rumours and chatter from contractors of possible flooding at Union last night.

I heard them say that the "lower levels" got flooded badly.

Can anyone confirm?

Lots of tweets out there showing deep water. Did you happen to walk thru the York Concourse?

- Paul

There's still water at the lower level of York concourse this morning. I guess opening will be delayed to 2020.

I guess it’s not the day to inquire about “how is the work on the moats coming along?”

- Paul
Let me just say there there is a lot of people in the TTC/Front East Moat area, especially due to the rain. Because the west end of the moat still doesn't have the glass on, people stay in the covered area to use the single double doors to get to the TTC. But I know my way around more and actually take the stairs down and take the east most doors to use the covered area of the moat to get to the PATH.

Also, today both Bay Teamway stairs were close for Platform 3, so everyone was funneled west to the York Concourse/Great Hall/Skywalk.

Just walked through the Great Hall - there was/is a leak in ceiling at west end. Possibly someone left a window open in the area above or there is a blocked drain or ????

Any chance of looking at the ~$4 billion spent to date on Union as sunk costs (the government's had plenty of those lately... Power plants among others) and just rebuild the whole thing?

Close the station (tracks and all), maybe with minor allowances for through movements and brief stops for 5 years and reopen it looking like a normal 21st century transport terminal. The current Frankenstein station is outdated and dysfunctional before it's even opened.

When Madrid went about modernizing their principal train station (Atocha) they closed it for years. It reopened with two new levels of tracks and the capacity required to move Madrid into the 21st century.

The food court and Bay Concourse connection are still partially flooded as of this morning. It is safe to say it won't open until likely next year. Based on the circumstances I can see them tearing down drywall and putting it back in which could take awhile. It seems like they are still assessing the damages which is not a good sign.

The Residences of Maple Leaf Square where I work got hit hard as well. There was 10 feet of water in the Scotiabank Arena/Maple Leaf Square loading dock at the height of the flooding. All that water on Lake Shore went underneath the Scotiabank arena. There was 3 feet of water in the lowest parking level and one of our elevators filled up with water.

All things considered it could have been worse.

Back