When the orifice gets very big, I suspect.

Big orifices.

A big orifice is a good thing. It means the station is giving birth.. to a new concourse.

All joking aside I dont think anyone will be entering the bat concourse for many weeks if not months.

Walking through the west side of the York concourse this morning and noticed the ceiling was missing. What the hell happened?!?!?!

20181101_062746.jpg
20181101_062737.jpg

Attachments

• 20181101_062746.jpg
    20181101_062746.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 650
  • 20181101_062737.jpg
    20181101_062737.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 657
Walking through the west side of the York concourse this morning and noticed the ceiling was missing. What the hell happened?!?!?!
The ceiling slats were taken down several weeks ago, about the same time as the flood - though it may be unconnected.

It's a new exhibit sponsored by OCAD called "The space above, consciousness of expanding places" and it attempts to depict the complexities of modern life through physical infrastructure.

I must say I am impressed with how well they've captured the physicality of our existence. One could almost believe it's fully functional.

The yellow tape is a nice addition. 'Caution passengers; don't grow super tall and poke your head in the ceiling.'
I stared at that for a good minute, finally deciding it's being used to trace an existing feed, or where one should go. I was looking for "Danger, Stand Back" on it, but couldn't read the print. First thought was that it was being used as a fish (hilarity there too) but it's knotted to the ceiling support members.

Just taking a more intent look at the pic now, I see a lot of unconnected conduit, and some conduit with yellow tape flow direction markers on them. I suspect heating/cooling infrastructure is still being connected there too. A little surprised that more raceway wasn't used to bundle it, and also allow easier fishing for later terminal installations.

Last edited:
Metrokinks has struck a committee to get to the top of it. Up first, a subcommittee responsible for emailing whitepapers to stakeholders.
Don't forget the need to hire directors, managers and various minions to be able to look after this committee(s)

Back