Noticed new vertical signage in the Great Hall for the Bay, VIA, and York Concourses:

Strange hadn't noticed them. Exciting to see Bay getting signage in advance of it opening.
As I noted a week or so ago, they have put X marks on floor of area BELOW Great Hall identical to those they put in Great Hall before these signs were installed. I assume they will be adding similar 'pillars' on that level too.

I really hope they restore/replace the stone flooring in the Great Hall area. It's in rough shape. Installation of these new wayfinding pillars makes me think that's not in the cards.

I really hope they restore/replace the stone flooring in the Great Hall area. It's in rough shape. Installation of these new wayfinding pillars makes me think that's not in the cards.
They have been replacing the Great Hall flooring in sections and I have heard nothing to make me think they have stopped.

They have been replacing the Great Hall flooring in sections and I have heard nothing to make me think they have stopped.

I think it has come to a halt DSC. I pass through Union at 1130 pm every weekday and have noticed no work in the Great Hall recently.

Previously when I would walk through on my way to the subway they would already be working at that point.

^ Would this be a result of Bondfield being in creditor protection? How has that impacted progress at Union?

I think it has come to a halt DSC. I pass through Union at 1130 pm every weekday and have noticed no work in the Great Hall recently.

Previously when I would walk through on my way to the subway they would already be working at that point.
A few weeks ago I asked a white hat and he said "guys working elsewhere, they'll be back" I guess we will see but they really are (rather slowly) doing all the historic restoration they planned (see the new external lighting on the ramps to VIA arrivals area) so I remain hopeful.

^ Would this be a result of Bondfield being in creditor protection? How has that impacted progress at Union?
It shouldn't impact that. Creditor Protection means only that a Court has granted temporary leave to stop making interest and principal payments on your debt while you draft a debt repayment plan for them to approve. The idea is you continue business as normal in that period so you actually have revenues to pay back those creditors per the proposal.

Back