It looks like the Maple Room (Possibly the Oak Room) is making a reapperance. I found this through a locked door in the West Wing this morning.

I remember the late Derek Boles once saying that all the paneling was removed. Looks like it wasn't.

View attachment 376824View attachment 376825View attachment 376826
That’s the Oak Room? I thought it was the room with the tourist centre and the TD lounge.

What will it be used for now? I remember a website saying it could be used to hose venues; but besides those what else could go in there?

That’s the Oak Room? I thought it was the room with the tourist centre and the TD lounge.

What will it be used for now? I remember a website saying it could be used to hose venues; but besides those what else could go in there?

You are correct, the Oak Room was where the Tourist Centre and TD space is now. This is an offshoot room as seen in the pictures here

Originally this space would have been the women's washrooms but they were removed in 1967,. The women's washrooms prior to 1967 were equipped to handle nursing women and women travelling alone. Prior to 1967 there were actually showers and baths in the west wing complete with towels.

Anyone know what the future plan is for these spaces in the VIA concourse? View attachment 376331

View attachment 376334

View attachment 376335

Thanks to @crs1026 's subsequent post (#9013) to mine in this thread about something else, the "Toronto Union Station: Existing" floor plan does label some of these spaces in 1967.

1643401842097.png

This is, I assume, to cross Yonge and replace the walkway along Platform 3 that used to link Union Station to Union Bus Station.

I presume likewise.

Reactions: DSC
Having had to go through Union yesterday and passing by the underground portion of station with the so called shops. I can’t help but notice how bad the ceiling paint job is if you can call it that. Can’t they at least just finish painting it?! It looks like they ran out of money for painting; hoping the dingy environment and the rush of commuters will hide the fact that the ceiling is just plaster markings and paint peeling off.

Having had to go through Union yesterday and passing by the underground portion of station with the so called shops. I can’t help but notice how bad the ceiling paint job is if you can call it that. Can’t they at least just finish painting it?! It looks like they ran out of money for painting; hoping the dingy environment and the rush of commuters will hide the fact that the ceiling is just plaster markings and paint peeling off.
This has been discussed here for several years, last time one of us asked we were told it would be repainted in 2022, I forget which Q. It is quite bizarre it has been left, though a few months ago they were cutting holes in it and pulling wiring so MAYBE they had/have a reason.

Financial close for usep

Platform 20/21 in use as of Feb 16 with 24-27 closing then too for 3 years

"Next up, starting Feb. 16, GO trains will start to use this platform to board customers and the south platforms (24/25 and 26/27) will be decommissioned to make way for USEP. This project will realize the construction of the transit infrastructure and upgrades at the southernmost part of Union Station, including:"

560 million and completion fall 2025

Financial close for usep

Platform 20/21 in use as of Feb 16 with 24-27 closing then too for 3 years

"Next up, starting Feb. 16, GO trains will start to use this platform to board customers and the south platforms (24/25 and 26/27) will be decommissioned to make way for USEP. This project will realize the construction of the transit infrastructure and upgrades at the southernmost part of Union Station, including:"

560 million and completion fall 2025

From the above:

1643644181909.png

Back