From last week:
20230104_135258.jpg

“Ohhhh Union”
Once they fully complete York/Bay concourse and the linking elements, the station will feel a lot more complete. I think it makes sense to always be doing work and expanding based on Toronto's projected population growth, it's the fact that the key areas were under construction for so long that made the station feel unfinished for 10 years.

Once they fully complete York/Bay concourse and the linking elements, the station will feel a lot more complete. I think it makes sense to always be doing work and expanding based on Toronto's projected population growth, it's the fact that the key areas were under construction for so long that made the station feel unfinished for 10 years.

While I agree Toronto is always going to be growing and therefore always building in one aspect or another.

I feel like the calculus on how big to build + how long it takes + how fast we’re growing never adds up. We always end up building too small and too slowly. For once I’d like to hear that a new infrastructure project is built for future demand instead of just meeting demand.

I know our supposed miser culture would never allow us to build big but the reality is we’re always paying to redo work—financially and with our quality of life.

While I agree Toronto is always going to be growing and therefore always building in one aspect or another.

I feel like the calculus on how big to build + how long it takes + how fast we’re growing never adds up. We always end up building too small and too slowly. For once I’d like to hear that a new infrastructure project is built for future demand instead of just meeting demand.

I know our supposed miser culture would never allow us to build big but the reality is we’re always paying to redo work—financially and with our quality of life.

To be fair, most of the TYSSE stations are far larger than they need to be or their medium-term forseeable demand.

We've only seen the Scarborough Centre render for the SSE, but the preliminary stuff I've seen suggests some pretty robustly sized stations there as well.

To be fair, most of the TYSSE stations are far larger than they need to be or their medium-term forseeable demand.

We've only seen the Scarborough Centre render for the SSE, but the preliminary stuff I've seen suggests some pretty robustly sized stations there as well.

Scarborough Centre is a destination unto itself and will for some time be a quasi-terminal hub. I am not sure how much we can infer from that particular station.

Scarborough Centre is a destination unto itself and will for some time be a quasi-terminal hub. I am not sure how much we can infer from that particular station.

The terminal station will be at McCowan, not at STC.

Regardless, the station appears to be very well sized for future growth.

The perfect metaphor for the current state of that portion of the station. Aren't you glad they didn't repaint the ceiling yet now?

AoD

LOL..........

But still No.

Better to endure some minor smoke damage that to abide that open sore for the last several years.

Union station is being expanded to handle 6000 GO trips vs 2000 GO trips currently. That's quite a big addition.

Back