IMG_9175.jpeg

Also saw that 100% of the Queenstons marketing was removed this week with the installation of a new mural, which makes me assume they pulled out and will not be opening at Union.

View attachment 484387
Also saw that 100% of the Queenstons marketing was removed this week with the installation of a new mural, which makes me assume they pulled out and will not be opening at Union.
It makes sense if the traffic isn’t there esp M and F. Also, the more they cancel trains and the more people drive or take TTC, this end of union becomes less of a destination.

It makes sense if the traffic isn’t there esp M and F. Also, the more they cancel trains and the more people drive or take TTC, this end of union becomes less of a destination.
Wonder what they’ll replace it with. To be honest, a sit down restaurant in that area is a bit odd since it has one of the highest foot traffic of any point in the station. I wouldn’t want to eat with hundreds of people walking all around me.

Wonder what they’ll replace it with. To be honest, a sit down restaurant in that area is a bit odd since it has one of the highest foot traffic of any point in the station. I wouldn’t want to eat with hundreds of people walking all around me.
You wouldn’t be eating with people all around you, the seating area was 100% inside the restaurant.
IMG_1666.jpeg

IMG_8362.jpeg
IMG_0377.jpeg
IMG_8361.jpeg
IMG_8359.jpeg

That looks pretty decent!

Though if eating with hundreds of people walking around you was an impediment to business, then the food court in the Eatons Centre wouldn't be doing well. (or heck, the one in Union - though I seldom go down there, so I don't really know how it's doing)!

I think if I'm having a solo meal, sitting down to eat with hundreds of people milling around is great (assuming nothing ridiculous or outlandish happens, like people bumping into my table, tripping over bags, etc). I love witnessing the controlled chaos of people moving to and fro.

Yeah, eating in the "patios" in union station is not exactly the streets of Paris, but is quite fun.

You wouldn’t be eating with people all around you, the seating area was 100% inside the restaurant.
View attachment 484539
View attachment 484541View attachment 484542View attachment 484543View attachment 484544
Stand corrected, these images are pretty good. Didn’t realize there was so much space in that area. Also I think a food court isnt very comparable because they’re usually fast food / fast casual. I think for a sit down restaurant where you want to talk, some people would prefer some separation, which they seem to have!

Back