Continuing the topic of food/restaurants at Union, what would everyone here like to see open? I would personally love a Mary Browns or Harvey’s

Would love to see the return of Harvey's to union. How about a Baskin Robbins or dairy queen. Get your ice cream fix on a hot summer day.

A Panini shop would be nice as well or even Mr sub

Broadly, I agree w/ @generalcanada above............ yeah, I know, must be a residual effect of the eclipse, LOL.

I would prefer a focus on curated choices. If Pizza Pizza don't have an exclusivity clause, bringing in someone who sells edible pizza would be great.

Elsewise Bahn Mi and Pho are categories I would like to see represented.

Yes to Ice Cream, but in the form of a good gelato place.

Last edited:
A bunch of other art displays have popped up in the VIA concourse, all related to Union Station.

They built a model of Union, got artifacts from immigrants that used the station in the 1930’s, and there’s going to be an entire one dedicated to the revitalisation project.
IMG_0260.jpeg
IMG_0261.jpeg
IMG_0262.jpeg
IMG_0263.jpeg

I have walked by this a couple times but always in too much of a rush to stop and look in detail.

OK but what would you call it? I'm partial to "The Railroad" myself
The Swish Allée, I think would be pretty funny. Or Barbara Please. Or even Oh Her. But those might sound a little frivolous.
From railway terms: Watchdog, Axlebox, Bogie, Doodlebug,The Grab Iron, The Spike, Hotbox, Interchange, Caboose, Junction, The Meet, Notch 8, The Zig Zag, The Whistle Stop, The Third Rail, Team Track, Supercharger.
I think we can rule out CPR and Terminal. The Hump and Cowcatcher are pretty dubious. (laughs)

The Swish Allée, I think would be pretty funny. Or Barbara Please. Or even Oh Her. But those might sound a little frivolous.
From railway terms: Watchdog, Axlebox, Bogie, Doodlebug,The Grab Iron, The Spike, Hotbox, Interchange, Caboose, Junction, The Meet, Notch 8, The Zig Zag, The Whistle Stop, The Third Rail, Team Track, Supercharger.
I think we can rule out CPR and Terminal. The Hump and Cowcatcher are pretty dubious. (laughs)

Oh man The Third Rail is an absolute winner. Of course, if we wanted to stick with local content The Turbo Train is an option

Back