Urban Toronto-ists, the impossible has happened. The lower concourse ceiling has actually been painted.

!!!!!!!
PXL_20240515_234739787.jpg

p.s. Oh. Well. I see I'm not the first to notice. Oh well. Still, as far as "things that should have been done years ago" go, this one is practically momentous.

Urban Toronto-ists, the impossible has happened. The lower concourse ceiling has actually been painted.

!!!!!!!
View attachment 564255

p.s. Oh. Well. I see I'm not the first to notice. Oh well. Still, as far as "things that should have been done years ago" go, this one is practically momentous.
Yes, you are a bit late to the party but it IS puzzling why it took the City so long to do what appeared to be a fairly simply job in a very prominent location.

Can someone share the map of the future platform/track layout?
I know it is buried somewhere in this 714 page thread.
And add the 114 page GO Transit: Union Station Shed Replacement & Track Upgrades (Zeidler) thread too.
I found these two posts there. I like the second one from your younger cousin @Willybru21 with the X post.

In 2019, Metrolinx included this schematic diagram of the target layout in Union Station rail corridor in a public consultation. It states 30% RCD.
View attachment 451989

Note that the west-facing stub track (13W in the diagram) seems to have moved eastwards so it now overlaps the trainshed, instead of starting at the end of the trainshed and extending out to the Skywalk. Given that there are connections to platforms from Bay St and not from the Skywalk, this looks like a good decision. I looked through the simulation videos but couldn't see any indication of stub-track 13E. Perhaps it's been removed?

And add the 114 page GO Transit: Union Station Shed Replacement & Track Upgrades (Zeidler) thread too.
I found these two posts there. I like the second one from your younger cousin @Willybru21 with the X post.
Younger cousin haha, I wouldn’t go off either of these maps anymore, I know the design of the platforms has rapidly changed since both of those were made.

Besides that, I also improved the one I made last year, here’s the newer version (the platform numbers we’re just my imagination, not something that was officially planned):
You_Doodle+_2023-07-29T23_01_59Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2023-07-27T23_51_21Z.jpeg

@Willybru21 Interesting, is A/B/C an official thing?
Yes, we will eventually see dedicated platforms (+ some terminus platforms) and shorter trains than we’re used to in Union. To improve wayfinding there may be explicit indication of the position along a given platform. Whether that be labelled A/B/C, york/bay, or west/east we can’t be sure.

It will still be very confusing for the uninitiated but luckily we‘ll be able to know our platform >5 mins before boarding.

@Willybru21 Interesting, is A/B/C an official thing?
(the platform numbers we’re just my imagination, not something that was officially planned)
That was what I was thinking it might be back when I made those diagrams, after seeing some stuff I don’t think we’ll be seeing triple-berthing at Union, so likely no C platforms.

Nothing is confirmed to us yet but I believe the platforms split down the middle and will have E and W to signify which is which (for east and west), some Bremner Concourse wayfinding documents from last year show this.

Back