Glazing on the east moat began today. I recall this wasn't expected to happen until next year, as there is still work to be done on the sprinklers, drainage, etc. so perhaps they are testing the fit?

IMG_9954.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9954.JPG
    IMG_9954.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 400
Last edited:
I'm assuming masonry cladding above the subway entrance still to come? Surely they won't leave those walls blank as is

I'm assuming masonry cladding above the subway entrance still to come? Surely they won't leave those walls blank as is
I've been wondering the same thing for a while. I really hope they don't leave that. Looks like stucco pasted on by a teenager.

Glazing on the east moat began today. I recall this wasn't expected to happen until next year, as there is still work to be done on the sprinklers, drainage, etc. so perhaps they are testing the fit?
It was always the plan to get the glazing ion the Bay Moat "in Q4 2017" so I am not surprised. Obviously they are installing it not 'testing'. They did exactly the same on the York Moat and the drainage, lighting, sprinklers etc are done afterwards. (The York Moat is still under construction as they cannot install all the glass until they finish the work (being done VERY slowly) on the east wall on that side.)

Obviously they cannot install the glass on Bay Moat right to the eastern end until they finish installing the structure there and similarly at the west side they are busily fixing the stonework over the stairs and then need to install the steel before glass can go there.

"I'm assuming masonry cladding above the subway entrance still to come? Surely they won't leave those walls blank as is." Yes, I would assume so too; they are really doing things very well elsewhere at Union so I am sure they will do it well there too; it is clearly unfinished.

Today the entrance from the Great hall into the east wing was all open so you could look right to the east windows. Coming along quite well and the floor will now be level all through.

Hey now. I'm sure there are skilled teenagers in the trade, and any teenager who is pursuing an apprenticeship with dedication is capable.
Yep, I was being loose. I meant a 'teenager' as some pizza punk who decides to 'stucco' for the summer.

Bleh. Humour was lost.

especially since many new office buildings have been building either small or no food courts in their path levels.. and office building employee density has been increasing greatly as of late. The amount of employees in the financial centre is much higher than it was 15 years ago, but there has been almost no growth in food options.

especially since many new office buildings have been building either small or no food courts in their path levels.. and office building employee density has been increasing greatly as of late. The amount of employees in the financial centre is much higher than it was 15 years ago, but there has been almost no growth in food options.
Honestly can't think of one new office building that is connected to the path but does not have any food court....which ones are they?

Aura has a food court. Hardly anyone goes there.

Honestly can't think of one new office building that is connected to the path but does not have any food court....which ones are they?

Mostly south of the tracks. Telus, PwC, etc. They will have 1 or 2 restaurants but nothing substantial.

Above-grade is expensive real estate. If you look at King & Bay area there's these huge podiums from the 80's which are above the concourse level (food courts), utility rooms and parking garages.

Back