The could open the bay concourse very soon with the entrance from the great hall and have mirroring the entrance to the York Concourse

I highly doubt it. That section is not yet completed I don't think.

Best to direct them to the arrivals concourse like they did before. No sense in sending everyone into the Great Hall when they want to go to and from GO trains.

Union Food Court Opening Soon

We are thrilled to announce that a new retail concourse is opening at Union next month! Accessible through the GO York Concourse, follow the escalator to experience the first PARTISANS designed space to be opened at Union Station.
The Union Food Court totals approximately 25,000 square feet and brings 11 new food retailers with seating and capacity for over 600 to visitors, commuters and our local community. Expect to find your favourites including the return of a full service McDonald’s and Tim Hortons as well as local independent options like Loaded Pierogi and Bangkok Buri, from the team to bring you Khao San Road.
Open daily from 7am – 7 pm weekdays and 10am – 7pm weekends, the new Union Food Court will also offer other amenities and live programming including TV streaming for major events.
Full list of retailers below, who are you most excited to try?

For opening date and further details, stay tuned to @torontounion!

Union Food Court Opening Soon

We are thrilled to announce that a new retail concourse is opening at Union next month! Accessible through the GO York Concourse, follow the escalator to experience the first PARTISANS designed space to be opened at Union Station.
The Union Food Court totals approximately 25,000 square feet and brings 11 new food retailers with seating and capacity for over 600 to visitors, commuters and our local community. Expect to find your favourites including the return of a full service McDonald’s and Tim Hortons as well as local independent options like Loaded Pierogi and Bangkok Buri, from the team to bring you Khao San Road.
Open daily from 7am – 7 pm weekdays and 10am – 7pm weekends, the new Union Food Court will also offer other amenities and live programming including TV streaming for major events.
Full list of retailers below, who are you most excited to try?

For opening date and further details, stay tuned to @torontounion!
7am-7pm on weekdays doesn’t seem long enough hours. I feel like 5am-12am would be optimal.

7am-7pm on weekdays doesn’t seem long enough hours. I feel like 5am-12am would be optimal.

Keep in mind these will be minimum hours; I doubt that they are maximum hours. (some malls do impose these)

Based on current traffic counts, they could probably have gone an hour later across the board on weekdays, but after that having everything open would probably be overkill on non-event/game nights.

I expect you'll see these hours revised once traffic levels are known, and in conjunction w/service increases that will drive higher traffic levels.

Evening service on Stouffville, 15 minute service on LSW, weekend service on K-W will all drive up volumes.

Within a couple of years, I think you'll be looking at a 9pm close most nights, might still be earlier on Sundays.

Last edited:
Agreed - the post-game Leafs and Raptors munchies crowd should justify "game day hours" at least.
it i kinda tough to staff for situations where you are busy until 6:30....then dead until 10/10:30 and then open for a potential "rush" that likely only lasts 1/2 hour.

Agreed. Are there not enough events happening at Scotia bank arena, rogers centre, et al to draw customers each night?
see above....once people go through the doors of the arena for the events....you are left with an empty food court for hours....paying staff and incurring other operating costs/risks with no business at all.....hoping that when people come out of the event they don't head straight for their train but, instead, stop for something to eat?

Maybe we’ll see most vendors close by 7pm but at least McD’s & Tim’s will almost assuredly be open till much later. And open earlier, for that matter to catch the early morning coffee crowd as well. As of right now, there is a late evening market that current vendors like Bagel Stop & Starbucks are missing out on. Have to figure it’s not worth the lost share to stay open later. The food court vendors would have to make the same choice...

On non event evenings crowds might be thinner, but not nonexistent. I know I’m there one or two evenings a week usually looking for something a little more than a chocolate bar or chips. And one can only have so much chicken...

see above....once people go through the doors of the arena for the events....you are left with an empty food court for hours....paying staff and incurring other operating costs/risks with no business at all.....hoping that when people come out of the event they don't head straight for their train but, instead, stop for something to eat?

For now - off hour GO ridership and population for the area is only going up, not down. I can see it going to 9pm once the Union Station complex is all said and done (haha on the second point) and the complex is less dumpy than it is now.

AoD

For now - off hour GO ridership and population for the area is only going up, not down. I can see it going to 9pm once the Union Station complex is all said and done (haha on the second point) and the complex is less dumpy than it is now.

AoD
perhaps....but events at the arena are not what is going to drive an extension of hours.

I remember you used to be able to get McDonalds and Harvey's until quite late. I used to come in on VIA or the Greyhound between 22:00 and 23:00.

Back