Possibly because they are not all needed, yet. Now they just serve the new food court, in future they will lead to and from busy pedestrian links to Bay Concourse, Scotia Bank Arena and ....

At least the north set of escalators should have been up & running. In the afternoon rush, the vast majority of the crowd is coming from that direction.

FYI I was there late last night and McD's, Tim Hortons, and even Pizza Pizza (they had !!!Triangular slices!!! in their display case, though I overheard employees didn't know how to turn off their lighting so maybe they were trying to close) were all still open. It was almost midnight! Maybe late hours were just because it was opening day though.

FYI I was there late last night and McD's, Tim Hortons, and even Pizza Pizza (they had !!!Triangular slices!!! in their display case, though I overheard employees didn't know how to turn off their lighting so maybe they were trying to close) were all still open. It was almost midnight! Maybe late hours were just because it was opening day though.
One of the guys at Pizza Pizza told me they close at midnight. I have no reason not to believe him, and that seems about right when you look at other Pizza Pizza locations.

Reports from a friend just now that the food court is absolutely jammed.

Looked like most of the restaurants were open, or at least staffed at 8 this morning.

You can tell the staff are fairly new; definitely some growing pains at Tim Horton's, but I'm patient and understand the circumstances.

I hope others are affording the same.

It is actually a bit of a disappointment for me how jammed the food court is. I was looking forward to having more food options in the area. I went to the food court twice yesterday at noon and 2 pm, and had to leave because the lineups were way too long and too chaotic to navigate or suffer through. I ended up getting lunch elsewhere. However, I thought I'd get some pierogi takeout to go after work. I went there at 6:30 pm, thinking that the the rush hour was over. I took one glance at the lineup in front of the pierogi place, turned around and left.

It is actually a bit of a disappointment for me how jammed the food court is. I was looking forward to having more food options in the area. I went to the food court twice yesterday at noon and 2 pm, and had to leave because the lineups were way too long and too chaotic to navigate or suffer through. I ended up getting lunch elsewhere. However, I thought I'd get some pierogi takeout to go after work. I went there at 6:30 pm, thinking that the the rush hour was over. I took one glance at the lineup in front of the pierogi place, turned around and left.
Give it a week and it should slow down

Back