has anyone noticed how bad some of the wayfinding is? The elevators that don't go to the platforms had no listing of what the floors actually lead to!
The wayfinding is appalling. My wife and I decided to try to get from our condo to the UP Express, using as much as the PATH as possible, with heavy suitcases. The signage in Union is dreadful. We ended up going around in circles trying to avoid stairs... and we've lived here for 17 years. I can't imagine what it's like for tourists.

We have come full circle.

There's a place that sells beef patties once again at Union. It's hiding away but decent value (I think it was $2.50 for a patty?)
1695596177030.png

Patties Express is great. Best veggie patty I’ve ever had.

I tried their spicy beef and was profoundly disappointed.

I thought it had next to no spice at all; I thought the filling to pastry ratio was off (more filling required/and/or thinner pastry) and the pastry/patty itself was a bit on the dry and dense side.

To add, I wasn't expecting brilliance at $2.50 a pop; but truthfully I'd rather pay $4 a patty for something better.

Last edited:
I tried their spicy beef and was profoundly disappointed.

I thought it had next to no spice at all; I thought the filling to pastry ration was off (more filling required/and/or thinner pastry) and the pastry/patty itself was a bit on the dry and dense side.

To add, I wasn't expecting brilliance at $2.50 a pop; but truthfully I'd rather pay $4 a patty for something better.
I agree the spicy patty isn’t spicy enough. But that seems like the norm for spicy things that are mass marketed. I didn’t mind the filling and actually like that it’s more liquid than other patty brands.

Now if you want a really decadent patty. I suggest June Plum on Dundas. Curry goat or oxtail and beef brisket fillings in a large pyramid shaped crust. It was very good. Pricy though.

I agree the spicy patty isn’t spicy enough. But that seems like the norm for spicy things that are mass marketed. I didn’t mind the filling and actually like that it’s more liquid than other patty brands.

Now if you want a really decadent patty. I suggest June Plum on Dundas. Curry goat or oxtail and beef brisket fillings in a large pyramid shaped crust. It was very good. Pricy though.

I shall have to try it!

Back