gquest

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi @interchange42 I noticed you normally post various update on different projects. Do you know if there is a forum for Uptowns by Vandyk? The project is a stacked townhouse condo at Brampton, around Heartlake. I drove past the site and could see construction has started. Wondering if there is a forum for that project.

Hi @interchange42 I noticed you normally post various update on different projects. Do you know if there is a forum for Uptowns by Vandyk? The project is a stacked townhouse condo at Brampton, around Heartlake. I drove past the site and could see construction has started. Wondering if there is a forum for that project.
Hi @gquest, I've created a new thread from your first post (welcome to the UT Forum!) We'll get a database file with renderings and info added shortly. Our Brampton coverage is a bit spotty, so if you're up there yourself, now you have a thread to which you can add your photos of the construction. Cheers!

EB7814BA-BA68-4259-9103-51C1CB39905B.jpeg
52F1B490-3A9F-4871-A5DA-40FFEC83B71E.jpeg
It seems like construction has commenced.

Last edited:
@Mu2 Yes construction started already and they are digging the underground parking. This project is already delayed and Vandyk is delaying it further due to the pandemic...

Nice pictures! When next I drive by, I'll also try take some pictures.

@gquest I got a notice for unavoidable delay last December. After that no further updates on that. Did you get any update about the unavoidable delay? did they inform about tentative occupancy date?

@Mu2 Same here. I also got that letter in December, the tentative occupancy date is now May 2022 for me. Haven't heard from them since December

@Mu2 When is your tentative occupancy date? With the number of times they have pushed out the date, I am not expectant that they would meet up with May 2022 considering that construction just started in January

@gquest May only. But they are yet to provide 2nd notice for the unavoidable delay. I guess, they would push both tentative and outside occupancy dates further in their 2nd notice. At least they started construction this year.

My notice dated 15 May, 2021 states that Outside Occupancy Date is May 17, 2023.
Is this the second notice for the December 2020 unavoidable delay notice?

the reason for this question: I have this date in my July 31, 2020 notice itself.

I am just curious whether we started receiving second notice for December, 2020 unavoidable delay.

Last edited:
Is this the second notice for the December 2020 unavoidable delay notice?

the reason for this question: I have this date in my July 31, 2020 notice itself.

I am just curious whether we started receiving second notice for December, 2020 unavoidable delay.
I am also curious. Although the outside occupancy date I received in August 2020 is also May 17,2023. It also stated my occupancy date is May 6, 2022. Considering the slow pace of the construction, I am already thinking it won't be completed until May 2023.

The second notice received in December 2020 wasn't clear enough. I was expecting they would send another changes to the critical dates. Since things are opening up, we might receive another letter referencing December 2020 notice and stating the new dates.

Any updates on this? Purchased in November of 2017, and my parents want me to get the hek out.. lmao

I noticed a formal thread had been made for this project, but I can’t for the life of me find it.. any updates would be cool, VanDyk has been pretty shite with the updates, wouldn’t recommend them to my friends, that’s for sure!

Back