December 9th - No ice skating this winter as the pond is being drained :(
1702388147445.jpeg

1702388166942.jpeg

Updated architectural plans posted in September - this has gotten The Cheapening™ to move forward, unfortunately.

View attachment 527520

Parking has been cut substantially to a single level under each building with 158 spaces for 494 units (0.32/unit).
Yikes. Don't build it at all!

.32 parking spaces per unit will be a hard sell at full market rates. This probably won't be full market rates. The cheapening may have another purpose

Dec 15
Notice a shoring machine on the north side of the site today as I was heading east on Bloor today. The other 3 machines were on the east side.

Love the cutting of parking spaces and time for Toronto to eliminate all parking for future development in the city core 100% with a few share ride spots. Gridlock was a bitch today with polices giving warning to various drives as they were causing gridlock and why there is so much of it lately caused by drivers like themselves. Nothing was moving south on Yonge for over the 10 minutes I was there not including the time i walked up from the lake Shore taking photos.

Construction company had 2 flag persons at Front with Stop/Slow telling Yong drivers to go east or west on Front. They were also trying to get 2 truckloads of steel to the CIBC site with no luck for Yonge St.

City of Toronto celebrates the ground-breaking of 172 affordable rental homes at 300-304 The East Mall​

The development will include three towers and one mid-rise building, with a total of 1,135 homes including 963 market and 172 affordable rental homes. Affordable homes will consist of studios, one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom apartments. The site will include 158 parking spots and offer 988 square feet of indoor amenity space and a public park. This site will also feature a community agency space, with the specific agency to be selected and announced at a later day.

The new affordable rental homes at 300-304 The East Mall will remain affordable for a minimum of 40 years and be part of a larger mixed-income and mixed-use development. Affordable rents will be set at 100 per cent of the Average Market Rent as reported annually by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), providing much-needed affordable housing options for low- and moderate-income households.

Back