There is now a large demolition company banner on the façade of 258 Victoria St.

has been a while, yet still nothing happening yet. It will be an exciting project on this site. Hopefully the parking lot on the other side will turn into something big soon.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1V8

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 111476 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Nov 12, 2012

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 40 sty condo with commercial on ground floor, 4 levels of below grade parking, and 336 dwelling units. 252 & 258 Victoria St and 21 Dundas Sq.

Is this thing being built on spec? Has a recent rendering been released?

This project is one of the biggest mysteries in the city.

Is this thing being built on spec? Has a recent rendering been released?

This project is one of the biggest mysteries in the city.

considering its location right beside YD Square, this project is indeed extremely low profiled. I personally think 40 story is a bit low. It should be similar to Massey Tower at least, not to say Aura is only steps away. Plus, it is not right on Yonge st, less fear about height I guess.

indeed this is a low profile project. It wasn't in my 3D model until I added it this weekend after this thread was revived. Agreed on the fact that it should be taller, at least 150m, instead of the 109ish meters currently proposed.

8.jpg

I think the height works well in relation to Pantages and 250 Yonge. They can't all be 60+ storeys

Shadows on Dundas Square could be an issue as well. I wouldn't want this one any taller...

That's why it's not any taller. If it had a thin profile like say, ICE, they might have squeaked another ten floors out of it.

Yea but here's what really irks me ... this thing hasn't started sales and I'm not even sure if all the approvals are in place (less the one for demo) ... but why let them demo when they're likely at least several years before being able to start construction ! So it'll be an empty site for a couple years ! Why !

Yea but here's what really irks me ... this thing hasn't started sales and I'm not even sure if all the approvals are in place (less the one for demo) ... but why let them demo when they're likely at least several years before being able to start construction ! So it'll be an empty site for a couple years ! Why !

It's the law, unfortunately. Owners of commercial properties have the right to demolish their buildings unless its under heritage designation.

Back