IMG_1084.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 511
Reactions: PMT
Despite the render, I wanted to like this building. It is a big failure though, especially considering the prominent location.

Yes, but the "prominent location"? The building fits the location quite well. Everything at that prominent location is ugly. The mall, 1 Dundas East, the embarassing sterile square pretending to be a big deal. There is absolutely nothing pretty about this intersection so this new building doesn't make it less attractive whatsoever.

I actually quite like the square itself with the architectural arm, stage and fountains. It's what surrounds it that is ugly and underwhelming.

I still don't get why this location is considered unfit for a nice condo development and hence it had to be really cheap rental. Many redevelopment locations were undesirable before well thought out development took place there. Why couldn't the same thing happen with this one? It's on the same street with Yonge+Rich and only a few minutes away, for example.

Despite all the hate about this building, I honestly think it ended up better than anything built by concord at the city place.
This building would look wonderfully different and stylish if placed among all those Gray Glass at the city place. I love this building, it is not a masterpiece, but well done in a very restricted apace.

It looks extremely high class, rich, expensive; and well crafted. Gorgeous!!!

Is that a joke? If you want an example that statement might apply to I suggest looking up the street to One Bloor, or to Pinnacle on Adelaide for a similar form. This building is okay in the purest sense of the term.

Its ok, ish. It certainly does not look expensive or high class, the form I like, the materials not so much. That being said I cannot agree with using pinnacle on Adelaide as a reference to anything than mediocrity either, it's so boring.

Pinnacle on Adelaide has nice materials. I'm not saying there's anything special about the form, but it is well clad compared to this building.

Back