Well the Mini dealership won't be there much longer. They have plans to relocate to the area around BMW Toronto. So who knows what might go in the vacant space. Could be a restaurant with a nice little patio out back though I doubt they would put a patio there without any sunlight.

There is mention of a "landscaped courtyard with a water feature" in their brochure and online

I suspect they are referring to the central courtyard to the north (between QUAD1 + QUAD2)

Concept of the Alley Commercial Spaces

groundfloor478kingco2.jpg

great info SpadinaBus ... the plan certainly clarifies everything wrt to this building's interface with the MINI dealership ... you went to the City to see this plan??

I can't believe they are really putting in retail in the space behind MINI though, with completely no street exposure

I think that's great, it's going to be like a couple of those alleys in Yorkville. On your way from King St. to the little courtyard parkette (and Adelaide St. beyond), you can check out a couple of shops.

It's a great idea that we should implement more often, especially in this hood, which already has interested alleyways and courtyards between old buildings.

Nice find SpadinaBus!

I like the idea of alley walkways with retail on them. There are a couple of opportunities of King for this type of development. I hope such a thing evolves.

I wonder if this will this be accessible from the Quad loft courtyard and the possible hotel on Adelaide (on the former Mode site)?

I also love the alley retail idea. There are already a couple of other alleys being used that way along this stretch of King, and this will be another great addition. It's one of the coolest features on King St. W.

It's identified as 'commercial space' not retail like the space fronting King. Retail will never work here, most likely it will be dental or general offices that don't rely on walk-by traffic.

It's identified as 'commercial space' not retail like the space fronting King. Retail will never work here, most likely it will be dental or general offices that don't rely on walk-by traffic.

nice eye on that.....maybe some offices or something

It can also be art spaces as well!

Rumour du jour from the hood for you Victory folks.

There may be an INDIGO outlet in the old Acton Leather/Hide House location at corner of Brant and King.

LCBO Building at King & Spadina?

On the agenda for Sept 17th for Committee of Adjustment, is it the long rumoured LCBO outlet? Does anyone know somebody at Core Architects to confirm?

18. 415 KING ST W
File Number: A0840/08TEY Zoning RA (PPR)
Owner(s): CABO THREE INVESTMENTS
INC [
Ward: Trinity-Spadina (20)
Agent: CORE ARCHITECTS INC
Property Address: 415 KING ST W Community:
Legal Description: PL D253 LT1 TO LT6
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To construct a 1-storey commercial building on the southeast corner of Spadina Avenue and King Street West.
REQUESTED VARIANCE(S) TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:
1 Section 12 (2) 246 (f), Zoning By-law 438-86
Two type-B loading spaces are required to be provided.
One type-B loading space is proposed.
2. Section 7(3) Part II 1(i) & 3
The by-law requires the portion of a building located beyond 25 m of a street or a public park to be set
back a minimum distance of 7.5 m from the side and rear lot lines.
The proposed building will be set back approximately 3.0 m from the south side lot line, abutting the
lane and approximately 0.28 m from the east side lot line.

It can also be art spaces as well!

Rumour du jour from the hood for you Victory folks.

There may be an INDIGO outlet in the old Acton Leather/Hide House location at corner of Brant and King.

Indigo outlet? As in a remainders bookstore?

Back