18 December 2012: It's always nice to come back to a project we watched "grow up" months or years later and see how it's settling into the 'hood. Christmas 2012:

20121218160959.jpg

The black brick had this trippy looking "blueish" hue to it today as the sun set. Anyone miss the Mini dealership parking lot?

The Victory should serve as a standard for future developments in the district in terms of integrating quality retail/restaurant space at grade level.

The restaurant tenant is great and the new side-street / alley is awesome, but that's about it. The building is very bland otherwise, and a lot of the suite layouts are awkward and stupid. Also, the huge blank wall wrapping around and looming over the 500-522 King building is really awful.

But yeah, good retail here.

Like the Patria restaurant sign/entrance.

Pics taken Feb 3, 2013

vTrJuNl.jpg

m5gwzl9.jpg

Last edited:
I like it too. It reminds me of a rusted version of the ones at M5V.
Their menu looks really good. I have to give it try soon.

Falling glass again.

http://www.cp24.com/news/falling-glass-from-king-west-condo-injures-passerby-1.2326806

Glass falling from a condominium on King West injured a pedestrian walking through the neighbourhood.

Police say a 29-year-old man was bleeding from a head wound after shards of glass crashed onto the street just after noon at 478 King Street West.

The man was walking in front of Weslodge restaurant when he was struck. He was conscious at the scene.

Police say it appears glass from the 10th floor of a condo balcony above the restaurant shattered. Property managers were located and the area has now been secured.

Crews were able to secure the rest of the glass panel to prevent it from breaking further.

The other one was from a window, not a balcony.

Back