May 10 More up on Site
14160177911_175f75bcbc_b.jpg

14163509375_3548cdbfee_b.jpg

13976852279_2c5d513255_b.jpg

13976915460_dfa9608191_b.jpg

14160771802_a920281557_b.jpg

BoE-tKAIEAA9IVL.jpg

BoE_gHoCUAENMt9.jpg

The second crane is going up today on the north (Ruskin) side.

Attachments

• BoE-tKAIEAA9IVL.jpg
    BoE-tKAIEAA9IVL.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,530
  • BoE_gHoCUAENMt9.jpg
    BoE_gHoCUAENMt9.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,557
May 18th:

P1380981.jpg

P1380982.jpg

P1380989.jpg

WallacePano.jpg

Attachments

• P1380981.jpg
    P1380981.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,484
  • P1380982.jpg
    P1380982.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,500
  • P1380989.jpg
    P1380989.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,470
  • WallacePano.jpg
    WallacePano.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,503
has anyone had their structural appointment yet? if so, did it only cover structural changes or did it also include choosing finishes for your unit?

has anyone had their structural appointment yet? if so, did it only cover structural changes or did it also include choosing finishes for your unit?

We had ours two weeks ago.

They didn't cover choosing any finishes. Apparently those appointments will be made in the coming weeks. When the time comes, the design consultant told us that the builder will have between 4 - 6 finishing packages that we can choose from. The designer hopes that the builder will let us mix and match between the packages, but based on how the structural appointment went, I'm not sure.

For structural, here are the upgrades they let you make - and keep in mind that we have a P4 unit, so YMMV for these prices:

- Potlights: around $295 per potlight, plus a couple hundred to add in new switches. Potlights can only go in the bulkhead around the exterior of each room.

- Staircases: option to upgrade from carpet to either oak ($2100) or maple ($4000~) hardwood. Multiple that by three for the terrace units with three staircases

- Full glass shower: Can't remember exactly, but I think they were charging around $4000 for this

- Half glass shower: Can't remember how much they were charging

-Soaker tub with skirt: $1900

- Jetted tub: $1900 for the soaker tub plus I think another $1000 for the jets

- Waterline for the fridge: $350

- Ceiling light fixtures in bedrooms, living room, dining room: Right now, they're just determining if you want the rough-in for the fixture, and then charging you for an extra switch if you don't want the light fixture switch to also control some receptacles. I think it was around $295 / switch

- Extra receptacles with or without a switch: I think this was around $295 / switch. Can double check this if requested.

- Box valance with or without lighting: in the P4 kitchen, this cost $2100 including lighting

- Relocate cable plate to behind wallmounted TV: I think this cost around $295

We also asked about other things in the appointment, and the builder surprisingly wouldn't budge on them. We wanted to upgrade to flat ceilings across the main floor of the P4 unit, and apparently the builder is not offering that as an option. The design consultant told us that there would be only flat ceilings where designated in our purchase agreement.

The builder is also not offering additional soundproofing over the concrete already being put in place, which is somewhat disappointing!

I'd be interested to see how the structural appointment went for others, if they've had them!

I just had my appointment this week for my Terrace Unit.

$1500 for the soaker tub with Skirt - Main bath will have the full glass shower as standard. Half glass shower was $2000.

Valence under kitchen cabinets - $700 - add lighting as well was another $1200 (Mentioned below as box lighting)

Otherwise not a lot of options to pick in this appointment.

In terms of payment for upgrades:
<$2000 - Due immediately
>$2000 and <$5000 - option to split into two payments
>$5000 - you can choose to roll into mortgage

We had ours two weeks ago.

They didn't cover choosing any finishes. Apparently those appointments will be made in the coming weeks. When the time comes, the design consultant told us that the builder will have between 4 - 6 finishing packages that we can choose from. The designer hopes that the builder will let us mix and match between the packages, but based on how the structural appointment went, I'm not sure.

For structural, here are the upgrades they let you make - and keep in mind that we have a P4 unit, so YMMV for these prices:

- Potlights: around $295 per potlight, plus a couple hundred to add in new switches. Potlights can only go in the bulkhead around the exterior of each room.

- Staircases: option to upgrade from carpet to either oak ($2100) or maple ($4000~) hardwood. Multiple that by three for the terrace units with three staircases

- Full glass shower: Can't remember exactly, but I think they were charging around $4000 for this

- Half glass shower: Can't remember how much they were charging

-Soaker tub with skirt: $1900

- Jetted tub: $1900 for the soaker tub plus I think another $1000 for the jets

- Waterline for the fridge: $350

- Ceiling light fixtures in bedrooms, living room, dining room: Right now, they're just determining if you want the rough-in for the fixture, and then charging you for an extra switch if you don't want the light fixture switch to also control some receptacles. I think it was around $295 / switch

- Extra receptacles with or without a switch: I think this was around $295 / switch. Can double check this if requested.

- Box valance with or without lighting: in the P4 kitchen, this cost $2100 including lighting

- Relocate cable plate to behind wallmounted TV: I think this cost around $295

We also asked about other things in the appointment, and the builder surprisingly wouldn't budge on them. We wanted to upgrade to flat ceilings across the main floor of the P4 unit, and apparently the builder is not offering that as an option. The design consultant told us that there would be only flat ceilings where designated in our purchase agreement.

The builder is also not offering additional soundproofing over the concrete already being put in place, which is somewhat disappointing!

I'd be interested to see how the structural appointment went for others, if they've had them!

Interesting to note that the developer wants to replace 40 underground parking spaces with a "parking stacker" on the roof of the commercial buildings along the west side of the property. Going to committee of adjustment on Wed Jul 23.

Info here: http://www.junctiontriangle.ca/node/2334

Do we know if this parking stacker is to replace underground parking for residents or visitors or for the commercial units?

Do we know if this parking stacker is to replace underground parking for residents or visitors or for the commercial units?

I called the developer on Friday, and they said that the parking stacker would be replacing the underground parking that was designated for the commercial units. All resident and visitor parking will still be underground (allegedly).

In an ideal world, they could take the underground space formerly designated for the commercial units, and turn it into lockers for purchase...

I called the developer on Friday, and they said that the parking stacker would be replacing the underground parking that was designated for the commercial units. All resident and visitor parking will still be underground (allegedly).

In an ideal world, they could take the underground space formerly designated for the commercial units, and turn it into lockers for purchase...
that would be amazing lol. storage is definitely lacking with this build.

Just received a letter that the Tentative Occupancy Date got moved out to March 26th, 2015. We are incredibly disappointed. That's almost a full year delay.

Back