This is the first time I've seen a photo of this project and actually thought wow, this looks good.

Just need a few trees to cover up a good chunk of it and it turns into something neat!
Those willow trees on the little knolls and the edge of the beach are really nice in the summer. This building is going to be fantastic from the Sugar Beach side.

1907DEA1-9E94-48B5-8EF1-8E262FDE14AE.jpeg
3395B51A-9ED8-4D0D-9766-15D711D0D6D1.jpeg
4D4770AB-55F0-4873-9228-848FDACB82CE.jpeg

Those panels are not that colour in real life. You can see their real colour in Skycandy's post on the last page. Stupid filters.

Normally I'd agree - but QQE will be having quite a bit of greenery and trees once it is redone.

AoD

Normally I agree w/you............but not here.

The issue is not a tree quota.......it's some effort at beauty in general......and 'softening' which greenery can offer.

In fairness, this is not the final form of Richardson Street.

But the sidewalk, which does have nice pavers, needed some softening, it could just be annual flower beds and some shrubs if needs be.........

But the sterility of the current configuration is stifling.

The road bed could also use to be done in pavers; not always practical on arterial roads, but this is not one...

Worse, when one looks at the precinct plan.........there doesn't seem to be a plan for greening:

1618281044351.png

From: https://waterfrontoronto.ca/nbe/wcm...30-ab9ef9ef2342/4491a914d1783.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

There's certainly ample width.

And I can name 2 tree species off the top of my head that do fairly well in shade......

Sugar Maple and Basswood.

But there are also a raft of shrubs.............

Alternate Dogwood, Chokecherry, and Red Elderberry among them.

Yes, Queen's Quay looks to be well planned; but that can't be an excuse for laxness elsewhere.

Back