It is not a disaster in a way Corus Quay (good old "Project Symphony") isn't a disaster - it's wasted potential. The terracotta here is like the bone that is the granite clad columns at CQ.

AoD
I agree with that assessment.

Today

IMG-20200919-WA0035.jpeg

It's something different from the norm. And it does pop out from a distance with the orange paneling and mirrored glazed windows as seen up close in the previous page.

Regarding the image immediately above, will those stairs, which face south towards Sugar Beach, have water views? I'd love someone to take a picture from in front of where those steps are being built facing south towards the water.

Wouldn't it have been better if the stairs were built on the west side so you could have views both towards the water to the South (grassy knolls less in the way then current location) and west towards slip next door??

BTW, here is what the finished product should look like.

1602101456597.png

Further to my previous post, here is a rough sketch of what I was'talking about if the stairs/seating area was shifted to the west closer to the slip: Trees likely blocking water views in either location but would still likely offer better views of the beach and foot traffic.

1602101881950.png

Source: Google Satellite

Further to my previous post, here is a rough sketch of what I was'talking about if the stairs/seating area was shifted to the west closer to the slip: Trees likely blocking water views in either location but would still likely offer better views of the beach and foot traffic.

View attachment 274895
Source: Google Satellite
This was raised at the design stage; I doubt they will move it now. :-> (Though I agree the westerly location is probably better.)

Probably. Seems it was unnecessary. WPP is only taking space in the east building. No need to connect two different tenants directly.

Back