Your are right Ed007, the name is Central Park on Yonge from the pole sign.

I looked it up on the internet today, the developer was Todglen Group--they still list it as one of their recent projects on their website. The retail uses have been fairly stable over the years without drastic changes or vacant shops.

Project was developed by LAW DEVELOPMENT GROUP--TodGlen was the Construction Manager.

Your are right Ed007, the name is Central Park on Yonge from the pole sign.

I looked it up on the internet today, the developer was Todglen Group--they still list it as one of their recent projects on their website. The retail uses have been fairly stable over the years without drastic changes or vacant shops.

I remember Law Developments now that you mention it Investican.

Toddglen (I checked the spelling today), is also the contractor for The Palm in North York I notice. They may be acting as property manager for the continuing commercial part of the Central Park complex as well.

That list of projects on their website could also be a list of projects that they manage.

Toddglen did the construction -- Vero Property Management is the property manager

OK I stand corrected..thanks investican.

...and back to Water Garden--for the last few days a contractor has been removing the landscaping from around the old Kia dealership as the first part of the project development. Sod has been removed and some digging was begun. There is a bin onsite and a small backhoe.

This is a start.

Last edited:
Update to my last post--I was wrong about the purpose of the excavation work; the contractor was replacing old sod with new landscaping.

The buildings for the former Kia dealership are not being demolished as yet, perhaps to be used as part of a future sales office?

As I beleive i mentionned earlier--The Kia Dealership was purchased by a serparte party--Not owned by Minto--it was a used car dealerhsip for a couple years as I remember. Then they put a Kia Dealership which lasted 2 months. First there already is a Kia Dealership just south of here on the east side of Yonge/North of Steeles.

With the demise of the Kia dealership, its good timing for Minto to have a decent sized sales office adjacent to their project.

Investican here is what you said before:

I spend everyday driving or stopping at locations on yonge from finch to hwy 7 and this part of yonge has been the only party without anything major--except for World On Yonge and there was a 3 year battle for the rezoning of these properties which when did, was sold to Minto for 13.700.000$ it also includes a parcel on Arnold Ave which will have townhomes snuck between a custom home and the back of the former (2 month) Kia Dealership[purchased for 3.000.000$ about a year ago] and Mr. Lube.

Based on this I am not sure where the Condo will be; behind the Mr. Lube or is that just the townhouses that you refer to above?

It looks like it was completed by a kindergarten on crack but here's my attempt to illustrate the development

watergarden.jpg

RED OUTLINE: The Whole Project Perimeter.
WHITE SQUARE WITH BLUE OUTLINE: New Two Storey Home to Be Constructed
YELLOW LINE: The interior road.
BLACK LINES: Approxamitely where the Condo will be
ORANGE OUTLINE: Where the Live/Work Townhomes will be -- Just east of that is the existing 2 storey building which will stay.

Thanks for the illustration Investican, having the existing uses included helps.

I had forgotten that a photo of the plaza to the north had been posted before and that Klieg had posted a drawing of the plan too.

Having lived in Thornhill for decades I would think many people would like this spot. The subway is planned to pass by here within the next 10 years with a station just south at Clark. Low density surrounds it and yes there are uber homes to the west of it as well.

New amenity missed by Minto

I saw a new building by Greenpark at Yong south of Eglinton. What they did that was so industry leading was to install a water purification system for the entire building.

The sales team told me that now everyone will enjoy purified water right from every tap in the building. She said no more bottled water. It simply isn't needed.

That sounds great. She also told us how we would probably save over $2,000/yr on plastic bottled waters and tap filters etc.

What she forgot to say was that we wouldn't have to lug boxes of water up the elevator or store it under our beds either.

I checked Minto's web site and they don't do anything like this. They only do low flow toilets.

They don't do anything for water quality at all.

isn't that more of a perk than an energy efficiency/waste reduction strategy?

but agreed, they should do that considering we are paying an arm and a leg for a unit!

Greenpark referred me to the company providing the service (Building Water Solutions) for more information. Very interesting.
Since the water quality is so high all residents don't need to buy bottled water. Apparently it takes plants 7 gallons of water to make just one bottle.
Since the don't need filters either that means reduced garbage to land fill sites and thousands of pounds of plastic NOT going to land fill sites. That makes me feel like we are contributing to a greater good.
They are also recycling rain water and such for outside irrigation.
Their overall effect on the environment is extremely positive.
The company even has it audited to show a reduction in green house gases so the building gets carbon credits.
I guess you see I was impressed and its certified to do all this as well. Pretty impressive.

Back