pretty sure the curved corner walls in the kitchen pictures are just an illusion

interchange42 -

Yes, but how many times after a building's been built do folks say, "Boy, that looks nothing like I/we thought it would."

why are they working on the park and gardening, when the excavation for the building hasn't even started? :confused:

1) That's not the park you are looking at. That's landscaping for the sales centre.

2) Once they do get going on the building and the park, they don't need to excavate most of that area anyway as there's already parking garage underneath most of it. They only have to excavate directly under where the tower will rise.

How disgustingly wasteful though. Plant trees and grass; let grow for a year or two; rip up and start again with 'permanent landscaping.'

How disgustingly wasteful though. Plant trees and grass; let grow for a year or two; rip up and start again with 'permanent landscaping.'

You could say the same thing about sales centres.
At least it's not a dusty dirt and gravel lot, or a banal parking lot. I hope it will serve the public well as a temporary park.

One hopes that the trees going in now will have long and healthy lives (getting moved when they need to be, not just tossed away).

W/ regard to other features like any grass that goes in? Grass shmass.

I think most of the trees are birches, which grow quickly and tend to die off within 10-15 years. It is a good choice for temporary parkland, but not great for enduring landscapes. I suspect these trees will go into a chipper once the final design is implemented.

There is black iron fencing around the whole site now. Looks quite nice.

Glad to finally see that blue hoarding disappear and see this space open up.

Unfortunately, it looks like it probably won't become public space until construction of the tower begins.

I doubt it, more like when the tower is finished

I went on a Jane's Walk that commented on the site, and the guide stated Lanterra plans to open the area as a temporary park to help with their sales efforts later on this month. I would venture the area will be available for use until the heavy construction begins.

Yes, much better with the hideous walls down

DSC00806 xx.jpg

DSC00810 xx.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00806 xx.jpg
    DSC00806 xx.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 567
  • DSC00810 xx.jpg
    DSC00810 xx.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 564
I'm wondering if all that top soil was the source of the strong manure smell that overtook the area today. I haven't walked directly by the lot yet, so I don't know if it's ground zero. Anyone know for sure?

Does the tower will stood where presentation centre is built ? If you look the shape of foot print is similar the building design.

Back