With the size of property given to build this building they should of created a supertall in this location. With a large park to hang out in for leisure time etc.

First of all...it's "should have", not "of". Secondly, why would a developer build a supertall when there is no need for one? How would they make any profit by massively overbuilding? A developer isn't going to build a supertall just to appease people like you that have a nonsensical fetish. A supertall would also require a larger footprint, thus reducing the size of the park.

they should of created a supertall in this location. .
True, considering the deal they made with the city for the park,
but i think the problem here, was some of the density ended up at the TeaHouse to get the city to layoff stalling approvals
either way, i believe Lanterra will ask for 3-5 extra floors, which would take it over 200m,... not too shabby:)

Looking at the rendering posted at the top of this page. This building would look awesome with an extra 20 to 30 storeys stacked on top the 60 storey structure. Pushing it over the1000 foot mark without expanding the floor plates.

I think it could be a bit taller as well. It deserves to be atleast as tall as YC but it's not that far off. It will have a big presence regardless

I'm really excited about this one. I think it'll have a huge effect bringing some cohesion to that area, which has for so long felt neglected and under-utilized. I can't wait to see how it adds the feeling of layered density when walking down Yonge, especially with YC and whatchamacallit directly beside it going up.

Looking at the rendering posted at the top of this page. This building would look awesome with an extra 20 to 30 storeys stacked on top the 60 storey structure. Pushing it over the1000 foot mark without expanding the floor plates.

Were that to happen, how do you propose the circulation work? The greater heights will add more more units and drive up the number of elevators (among other things) required. This will expand the core and decrease the usable size of each floor plate. This means that fewer square feet can be sold in fewer units, causing the building to lose the economics which drove it in the first place.

But yeah, #s00prt4LL and everything...

From yesterday:

WotPIMG_8235.jpg
WotPIMG_8233.jpg

Attachments

• WotPIMG_8235.jpg
    WotPIMG_8235.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 590
  • WotPIMG_8233.jpg
    WotPIMG_8233.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 629
I was just wondering if the whole property is going to be excavated to make room for a giant underground parking garage etc for the building and public. If so in my opinion I think this building should be constructed as a multi use super structure of at least 70 to 80 storeys to house offices, hotel and condos. And even a panoramic restaurant and bar etc for the top floor. To view the financial district and Yorkville to the north and south, and Queens Park to the west because of its central location. Creating a structure similar like the Empire State Building in New York City would be ideal !

If it was meant to happen, it would happen. Instead, this is happening.

Also cd concept's idea is not only unrealistic but it'd never be approved. That said, those who think 60s is too short are probably not thinking realistically in the first place.

60 stories is very appropriate for the site. The only issue is that if any thing developed next to it on Yonge will be very awkward (unless its mid-rise which probably wont happen).

Back