IMG_1112.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,548
  • IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,525
  • IMG_1108.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,522
Construction guy told me yesterday they still need to go down another 16 feet at the north end.
Big hole gonna get a lot bigger!

I said this before and I'll say it again. A hole this size should hold a super tall icon structure to be built on it. A less than 200 meter structure doesn't justify this location .

So it's off by 6 metres? When it's done, I don't think you'll notice.

I'm talking about a super tall structure over 300 meters high that has a hotel, condo dual setup that's slim like the Trump Tower. This structure is not even 200 meters high. You can see a few of these buildings being built in New York City that are over 400 meters high and that are illustrated in New York's Skyscraperpage website.

Buildings are a product of the city they're built in. The supertalls are being built in New York, Middle East, and Asian cities because the economies there support them. There's a 340 metre-tall building proposed at Bloor and Yonge, 304 metres at King and Duncan, and around that again at Yonge and Lake Shore.We'll see which of those get built over the next years. If that's not enough for you, you either have to be patient for changing times, or stop caring, or move. In the meantime, 194 metres is all you're going to get at Wellesley and Yonge, and it looks like it'll be a pretty nice development.

Buildings are a product of the city they're built in. The supertalls are being built in New York, Middle East, and Asian cities because the economies there support them....

And also the availability of land as well, which Toronto still has tons of! Wait another ten or fifteen years and I bet we'll see more towers proposed at well over 300m in the core.

I know there not going to build a supper tall structure here. But this property with its huge parking garage etc. Is located in a perfect strategic location with a subway close to it. And it's great for locals and tourists to view the city from like the Empire State Building.

North Yorkville and Rosedale area.
East Don Valley and the future Lower Don development.
South Financial district and lake etc.
West Great view of Queens park and University Avenue

Get it over it already. There's room enough for other tall towers down the road, in the core and elsewhere, each affording splendid views of their surroundings. It'll happen in its own good time - no sense lamenting this one location, the money's been committed - and besides, as it's already been suggested, this project will likely have a significant presence in the area.

I think people have been spoiled by this recent mega-boom in city-building.

^why? the new 2 year limit on minor variances?

Honestly i'm not a fan of that. It forces developers to either delay development or lose the ability to make minor changes to a building as circumstances change. Got a new retail tenant and need to change the square footage of the retail space? too bad for you. Its obviously aimed at the "cut off 3 floors to please the Councillor and add them back later through a minor variance", but it has other effects.

Back