The office and heritage component is already promising. The condo towers are complete garbage and I think we can call them now.

Interesting how Concord Adex has a very limited social media presence - I have been trying to determine a way to publicly call them out for what I see as finish line syndrome and creating their worst mark in the most recent phases. Imperfect as they were, even HarbourView Estates or West One had a commitment to landscape and a clear parti. The recent phases give me the impression that the entire Concord team has changed or at least the motivation to prove anything has entirely disappeared at this point.

As I went past this site on Friday, there were some cracks in the tarp canopy, and in those cracks I saw something horrendously colored beige, just like the new MEC on Queen street. I am hoping this was just insulation or something else, not the brick. They are supposed to reuse the red brick of the historic building, right?

As I went past this site on Friday, there were some cracks in the tarp canopy, and in those cracks I saw something horrendously colored beige, just like the new MEC on Queen street. I am hoping this was just insulation or something else, not the brick. They are supposed to reuse the red brick of the historic building, right?
Don't know if they were that red, more like dirty brown, after cleaned they may be a lighter colour?
loblaws 500.PNG

The office and heritage component is already promising. The condo towers are complete garbage and I think we can call them now.

Interesting how Concord Adex has a very limited social media presence - I have been trying to determine a way to publicly call them out for what I see as finish line syndrome and creating their worst mark in the most recent phases. Imperfect as they were, even HarbourView Estates or West One had a commitment to landscape and a clear parti. The recent phases give me the impression that the entire Concord team has changed or at least the motivation to prove anything has entirely disappeared at this point.

I completely agree. We bought a few years ago (not as investors but to reside) what seemed like was going be a visually acceptable dwelling (the outside does matter to me) coupled with a bit of history in the Loblaws structure. It is what we could afford (without becoming house poor) in the city.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to see that awful cartoonish white colour (soon to be dirty “white”) on the exterior - initially it looked a sleeker dark colour; it was boring but acceptable in my eyes. However, as per artist rendering and disclaimers indicating the builder could change virtually anything at any point in time without notifying the owners, that is what happened.

And in dealing with Concord, once they have your signature and money in pocket they do not care what you think. In their eyes, the deal is done. End of story.

It is a shame because that neighbourhood could be beautiful, but it already appears to be in shambles and without neighbourhood pride.

Does anyone have any recent pictures? I hope it's just the base, and they'll go for what they've promised in the renderings.

Good news and bad news. The good is that this will feature a "replicated brick masonry facade to match the original":
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 10.50.17 PM.png

The bad news, which I hadn't realized until now, is that the entire second and third floor will be fake windows. They are marked "new windows to match original with shadow box", so hopefully there will be a bit of depth to them, but you won't be able to see into the unit upstairs and they won't be lit at night. Too bad -- it's certainly possible to build grocery stores with real windows and natural light.

Zipping along the Gardiner on the 17th:

DSC01038.jpg
DSC01039.jpg
DSC01040.jpg

Re: the towers.

I'm still curious if Concord is self-deluded enough to think that this is a great product they're putting together here ("for the money, it's a great offering" lol) or if they are fully cognizant that this is an absolute pile.

If those spandrel panels were replaced with metal panels, it would be a decent-looking background building.
It currently looks like an aging office building from the 70’s.
Such a thoughtless building. Such a shame.

Back