There was some activity there the other morning -- looked like they were reinforcing some of the structure -- but otherwise it has been quiet.

There's Housey St, west of the park.

urbantoronto-2833-8047.jpg

I noticed an ad in the paper saying that Amsterdam Beer is moving in the fall to 'an undisclosed location.' I guess it makes sense if they are going to demo the 1 storey section at the back. Perhaps late fall, early next year is when we will start seeing action.

Hopefully this won't be a start/stop type of project taking YEEAARRSS

Amsterdam Beer is moving in the fall to 'an undisclosed location.' Hopefully this won't be a start/stop type of project taking YEEAARRSS

Amsterdam Brewery is moving over to Laird/Eglinton.........I dont know about start/stop, Concord Adex is good at starting and finishishing their projects pretty quick

There goes one of the only places in the central city where one can buy beer any night until 11.

There goes one of the only places in the central city where one can buy beer any night until 11.

It is quite convenient, especially living a short walk away. Ill be more than happy if we get an LCBO at Loblaws though, even though it will not stay open until 11. More selection! It would be nice if Steamwhistle could open a small bar/restaurant at the roundhouse and extend their store hours a bit later though.

Does anyone know if Concord will be extending Queens wharf road down right through the new Loblaws and Panorama? I'm guessing the plan may have changed..... The space between the condo and Loblaws seems tight for a road. Plus the plan posted above shows a new entrance to 38 Dan Leckie rather than the current one which is off Housey and under the Gardiner.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 12 222660 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Aug 1, 2012

Project: Warehouse Multiple Projects

Description: Proposal to demo existing 1 sty portion of building on north side (below Gardiner Expressway), plumbing & drain work, and shoring for future street (Housey St). Future "LOBLAWS" location.

As of today (when I checked):

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Refusal Notice

TORONTO ON

Application#: 12 222660 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Aug 1, 2012

Description: Proposal to demo existing 1 sty portion of building on north side (below Gardiner Expressway), plumbing & drain work, and shoring for future street (Housey St). Future "LOBLAWS" location.

BA Zoning Review Aug 2, 2012 Closed
BA Code Review Pt3 Aug 15, 2012 Refusal Notice
Plan Examination Panchanatham, Selva Contact Info
BA Fire Review Pt3 Aug 15, 2012 Refusal Notice
Plan Examination Panchanatham, Selva Contact Info

Thanks for the update, they seem so far apart these days. The process for this building has been an extremely long one. I hope some day they can come to a consensus on what to save and what to demolish and get a move on already.

What's the latest on this project?

Appears the previously refused demolition permit has now been issued.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON

Application#: 12 222660 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Apr 30, 2013

Finally a little bit of progress for this site. Anyone know if they have made progress as well on the overall proposal and heritage elements?

Finally a little bit of progress for this site. Anyone know if they have made progress as well on the overall proposal and heritage elements?

Was walking by there the other day and it looks like they are beginning to prep for demo of the first story. They now have a Priestley Demolition excavator outside now.

Back