Anyone know if the Loblaws / super centre is supposed to still be going up where the old warehouse is just east of this building. I have heard conflicting reports?

unless you know anyone working in Loblaws/Weston HQ ... you guess is as good as anyone elses ~ :p

Well with the economy picking up and the influx of new condos in the area I would think they would at some point go ahead with their plans. According to what I read they already own the building....we'll see..

Interesting. I will have to clarify with the sales centre as they said no additional upgrades.

The kitchen upgrades are offered directly from Paris Kitchens, not through the builder. I had did a few minor upgrades to my kitchen, but I wasn't aware of the tile/backsplash options to upgrade...

Upgrades available from Plazacorp

The only upgrades that I arranged through Plazacorp were the jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom and the mirrored sliding doors in both bedrooms. All the tile/granite/marble upgrades were from Moscone Tile and the kitchen upgrades were through Paris Kitchens.

Well with the economy picking up and the influx of new condos in the area I would think they would at some point go ahead with their plans. According to what I read they already own the building....we'll see..

They do own the building... but it's up for sale AFAIK. Meanwhile Loblaws have announced that they will be opening in the RioCan complex at Queen and Portland where Home Depot was originally going to go.

LOL I had to look that one up too CityLover ... that is short for

As Far As I Know

From this afternoon:

3796356512_42521c7a08_b.jpg

3795539529_d18969147c_b.jpg

3796572880_cc501c1d4f_b.jpg

Amendments?

Just wanted to get an idea if the builder accepted any amendments made to the purchase and sale agreement? Or is the standard agreement sufficient?

Thank You

Well...

^yep, I agree, it's a real concrete clunker..bunker. What a pity WHC and WPC couldn't have been a row of aA designs.

I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions, and one can't please everybody. I like it, as it is different relative to what we are used to which is just a building covered in glass.
To each their own.
I do know that there were enough people that liked it, as WHC phase 1 is pretty much sold out and WHC phase 2 has sold a good amount as well.

Regards,

Jack

It's the only building south west of downtown not made entirely of blue/green glass. For that alone, I'm very pleased with it.

Well in all honesty, if every UTer could, they would clad even the ugliest building completely in glass and stand back and go, "Ohh, that's nice!" even though it was still an ugly design to begin with.

I think West Harbour City could've been better but I don't think it's abysmal.

Doing something post-modern or retro is much harder than creating a quality modernist design for many architects.

Back