would WHITE balconies be too strong of a contrast to the black building spandrels? that begs the question ... I'll have to see for myself in person later ~

i think white would be a nice and sharp contrast to the black, just like the coloured panels.

i think white would be a nice and sharp contrast to the black, just like the coloured panels.

I agree, I think black balcony undersides would be too dark. The white really makes the building pop against the black cladding, like a Mondrian painting.

I will swing by tonight and take some pictures for everyone, unless someone beats me to it (which seems to be the case 90% of the time).

June 24th Update

would WHITE balconies be too strong of a contrast to the black building spandrels? that begs the question ... I'll have to see for myself in person later ~

Here you go -

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back of town homes being bricked up, similar brick as Casa -

Windows/framing are beginning to be installed on the 8th floor, the white painted balcony on the south side can be seen below and the first balcony framework is going in on the west side.

So far, they can do no wrong by me...

Missing Beams

Wow! Dt Toronto Geek..Xcellent photos! I went by myself this morning then my partner and I together around 7pm..it is stunning and your pics do it justice. The white underside of the balcony ceiling is just right..actually very clean and the perfect contrast to the black. One thing I brought to a construction workers attention this morning was the fact there are quite a few missing beams..on all 4 sides if you look. I thought it odd that they would have all the linear beams installed along a row then 2 missing..same on another side on another floor. He assured me that they are not finished yet and will still have to install them....most people may not even notice this but we are very detail orientated and picky (hence why we picked X!) . Anyone else noticed this..you can see it in DT's pics also if you look carefully. The brick on the outside of the townhomes is also stunning to the building..very classy and sharp.

I don't see any missing beams. Can you link to a photo that shows missing beams?

linear beams

I don't see any missing beams. Can you link to a photo that shows missing beams?

Perhaps we know where it is in the photo as we have noticed it in person.Walk by the site and look up on the northwest side 4th floor as well as east side you will see some linear beams not in place..it looks like they forgot to install them but as I said before, I spoke with a construction worker who said they will be installed later.My only question was why..if a whole row of beams are there , then only 2 are not..? But assured it will be complete I was told (otherwise , Mr.Clewes would not be too pleased I am sure). This is a going to be a magnificent building..no other condo tower in the city like it.

thanks for the update dt ~

that's very nice balcony detailing to match the building facade ... unlike the typical glass/steel railings

seeing dt's photos, I guess with the railings installed the white painted balconies aren't even that visible ... looks great !!

Last edited:
thanks for the update dt ~

that's very nice balcony detailing to match the building facade ... unlike the typical glass/steel railings

seeing dt's photos, I guess with the railings installed the white painted balconies aren't even that visible ... looks great !!

good catch ... i didn't even notice the balcony detailing initially bc it blends in so well.

good catch ... i didn't even notice the balcony detailing initially bc it blends in so well.

I may not have either if I hadn't noticed several men moving around in that area while they were installing the panels. That's what caught my eye.

maybe its just me .... but "too high" is a undefined term in my dictionary LOL :p

Back