Hi guys,

As with many of you I'm sure, I have purchased one of the X Condo units. I was wondering if anyone here has any information about X Condo unit prices falling because of this looming--scratch the "looming"--because of the recession?

Anyone? I'm slightly worried about my investment...

Thanks,

pete

I doubt you'll see any prices fall... at least until the unit is built.
We're looking at a project which is already 90%+ sold, and wont be completed until the end of 2010.

I just dont see any reason for the prices to fall for any of the units right now.
Now if we're talking about selling your agreement to another sell now, then yes, you'd probably see lower prices... but I doubt that would be any different relative to any other project right now.

Plus it's in a pretty good area, 2blocks away from yonge & bloor.

Thanks kennyx...my personal plans have changed since I purchased the unit in March '06 at $345/sq foot. I'm new to the real estate game, and I feel a bit weary of Toronto's condo market.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks kennyx...my personal plans have changed since I purchased the unit in March '06 at $345/sq foot. I'm new to the real estate game, and I feel a bit weary of Toronto's condo market.

Thanks for the input.

What's the $ PSF now?
Do you know if the developer is willing to let you Assign your Purchase and Sale Agreement?
Some will, some may not, since new construction sales have stalled in the past few months as confirmed by Mike in TO.

What's the $ PSF now?
Do you know if the developer is willing to let you Assign your Purchase and Sale Agreement?
Some will, some may not, since new construction sales have stalled in the past few months as confirmed by Mike in TO.

It's significantly higher than $345 psf!
Im guessing they're in the $480-$490 area.

prices

I think the prices are in the range of $500 + sq ft now depending on u'r unit, floor and exposure.

Time will tell though if the prices will come down.

X Condo construction as of Dec. 13, 2008

3105546673_257e8bdb94_b.jpg

View to northwest.

3106378368_1be7998077_b.jpg

View to southwest.

3106394950_d2124a500f_b.jpg

View to south. Note 90 degree turn in parking ramp from P1 to grade. (The lower ones are stacked above one another.)

Last edited:
I think the rate of progress is going to slow to a crawl now, due to the size of the podium and the winter. Quick question: was at any time in the development of this building an attempt made to buy that small building that X straddles now? If yes, what made the deal not go through?

great hopes

i think this condo, at least on these forums, might be the most underrated.

if the building lives up to its renderings, it will be very successful. i'm picturing some beautiful black steel and tinted windows. seems like its harking back to the classic TD centre. IT'S ABOUT TIME!

no more exposed concrete and grey glass please!

i think this condo, at least on these forums, might be the most underrated.

if the building lives up to its renderings, it will be very successful. i'm picturing some beautiful black steel and tinted windows. seems like its harking back to the classic TD centre. IT'S ABOUT TIME!

no more exposed concrete and grey glass please!

Anything but, read back a bit. Many forumers here have expressed great hope and excitement over this project.

It's definitely elegant in its sleekness and understated sophistication, like the TD Centre. I'm really looking forward to the contrast between it and the postmodern Rogers building next door.

i like i because of the really dark glass like the downtown td center just like it was said above

I'd be very caution about this one ...

Everything will come down to the details. It wouldn't be hard for this to turn out bad / okay depending on the quality of the material used (black paneling / glass). On the other hand it could turn out amazing. It kinda fits the office feeling vibe around Jarvis if it turns out.

We'll really have to wait and see.

I visited the sales ctr back in August. They were selling a 900 sq ft unit for just over 400k, parking and locker included. They mentioned something about a phase 2, on the site of the sales ctr.

Love this project - hope it lives up to our expectations.

I also think this one should turn out beautiful. Great Gulf does produce a great product and I think they are one of the few builders in town who really pay attention to the smallest details. I actually think they are one of the only builders during this boom who have gone as far as to clad balcony fronts.

Back