floors are usually added below the penthouse levels. I'm not convinced that adding more storeys is a plus to any purchasers below the addition. It just means your sharing the building with more people. (and for someone as impatient as me, it comes down to the elevators)

Still lots of action at the X2 sales office. Lots of people going in and out and the parking lots out front and behind are full.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

More work to complete the X2 sales office has been done in the last week & a half. Almost done now, just as they approach selling the building out... :confused:

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

It just means your sharing the building with more people. (and for someone as impatient as me, it comes down to the elevators)

Altho, if they add 6 storeys to a 41 storey building that's almost 15% more people contributing to the building's operating expenses, meaning lower condo fees (and for someone as cheap as me, it comes down to the condo fees)

Altho, if they add 6 storeys to a 41 storey building that's almost 15% more people contributing to the building's operating expenses, meaning lower condo fees (and for someone as cheap as me, it comes down to the condo fees)

You have more faith in big buisiness than I do... I imagine the fees would somehow stay the same amd someone else will get richer!

You have more faith in big buisiness than I do... I imagine the fees would somehow stay the same amd someone else will get richer!

Once registered the condominium becomes a corporation and no one profits as the maintenance fees go towards the reserve fund and expenses/contracts/legal fees/insurance etc. to operate the building. If more floors are added then in theory maintenance fees should be a little lower (though probably negligible) as more people are paying in however there are an additional 6 floors to clean and maintain. Once the building is turned over and the Board of Directors works out a realistic yearly budget to operate the building with 47 floors, fees will likely be a few cents per sq. ft. lower than what is likely being projected by the developer now at 41 stories.

Scaled Model

Caution: ugly exposed mechanical box on top ... just like X condos

Northeast Elevation
Click to Enlarge

Great Gulf's staff advises that the podium floors and the top 2 floors have not been designed nor released for sale to date~

I understand the podium units (up to the 9th fl) go on sale sometime next week, and will probably be abour 600 psf. Any more info on the height variance application?

I understand the podium units (up to the 9th fl) go on sale sometime next week, and will probably be abour 600 psf. Any more info on the height variance application?

I was in the sales centre and there are only 3 units left in the tower (2 of them studios), and the podium sale has been delayed (date TBD). Construction will start "very soon" due to the successful sales. I imagine it will begin once X is complete in June and the workers will just cross the street.

Somehow I don't think the drywallers working at X are going to cross the street to start running excavators

Good news about the start tho. I guess it's time to start watching the city's website for demolition permits

Edit: Didn't realize they already had permits to demolish 101 and 103 Charles. Guess they can get started soon then

Last edited:
I'm thinking they will probably move their sales office across the street into X once it's ready and then demolition can begin on the three buildings for X2.

I was in the sales centre and there are only 3 units left in the tower (2 of them studios), and the podium sale has been delayed (date TBD). Construction will start "very soon" due to the successful sales. I imagine it will begin once X is complete in June and the workers will just cross the street.

The website has been updated, only three models marked "sold out" - Baldwin, Dirstein and London.

My agent was told by the x2 sales team that the website always lags....onsite information is the most accurate. Speculation is that they will time the podium release to coincide roughly with that of Number one Bloor...

Does anyone have any idea as to why Great Gulf held off selling the podium suites? Is there something special about them? To my mind I'd think they'd want to unload those first as I find them less desirable than a tower suite.

I'm thinking they will probably move their sales office across the street into X once it's ready and then demolition can begin on the three buildings for X2.

A sales person told this ironically the day the office opened to the public.

Back