Although I don't contribute as many photos as I used to it's mostly because I really dread carrying around a big camera with bulky lenses along with a dog in tow as opposed to my previous 7 megapixel camera that easily fit into my pocket. Now I find I'm taking more photos with my iPhone 5, also an excellent alternative, except for night shots.

I know there's supposed to be retail in X2, I thought it was facing Jarvis. I've looked several times but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of space for retail in there.

Oh, don't get me wrong, for construction updates they are great. New cell phones can make some great images in the right hands, and the image size and megapixel count is getting better with every new model. The problem is that sensors on most of these cameras (phones, tablets, point and shoots and even most DSLRs) don't cut it for the stuff I like to do, so the weight and size are secondary to me.

Not to get too far off topic, I love the way X2 is looking so far, but I am most excited for the art installation. Is the plan still for a similar blue version of the display in front of X?

As far as I know, yes, Shayne Dark remains on tap for X2.

With Shayne Dark in orange at X, and green at Tableau, and blue at X2, I'll be looking forward to the rest of the spectrum gradually appearing at other spots in the city. TO could become a giant outdoor Dark Gallery of Art.

As far as I know, yes, Shayne Dark remains on tap for X2.

With Shayne Dark in orange at X, and green at Tableau, and blue at X2, I'll be looking forward to the rest of the spectrum gradually appearing at other spots in the city. TO could become a giant outdoor Dark Gallery of Art.

Isn't his work at X red, or am I colour blind?

Good grief (Charlie Brown), there's a continuum between red and orange and the line where one ends and one begins is open to debate. To get red in four colour printing process you have to add yellow to magenta. At a certain point when you've added a little more yellow, the colour will look more orange. Everyone is going to declare a different starting point for declaring something orange, and I realize that this is deep orange, but it's got enough yellow in it that I wouldn't call it red:

XArtCloseUp750.jpg

I'd call this red:

455466.jpg

Attachments

• XArtCloseUp750.jpg
    XArtCloseUp750.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 405
  • 455466.jpg
    455466.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 524
It's not worth splitting hairs too much. I do see yellow in the sculpture, and none in the truck in the Google Street View shot. I dunno, a couple decades of my life included visiting a printing plant to make sure that the colours coming off the presses for our maps were what we were looking for, so I'm pretty sensitive to gradations in colour.

Anyway, I can't find the old image in my files that showed a blue Dark, and I've only searched as far as page 4 on this thread for it, so if it's on page 5 of after, someone else will have to repost it.

In any case, I'll make inquiries about it and see if I can provide an update.

Cheers!

In person, it is a redish-orange, though I'd say it leans more to red. When illuminated at night from below more of the orange comes out.

Debating what is red? You guys are so PoMo, it hurts. ;)

Last edited:
If they do mirror it in blue I'd kind of like to see a final piece in yellow somewhere nearby (maybe at the west end of X2, or even in front of X's townhouses) to reflect the slashes of colour on the two buildings.

Back