20220605_141953.jpg
20220605_142320.jpg
20220605_142954.jpg
20220605_142959.jpg

Odd thing - all the brick installed on the east side is grey but everything on the south side (first and second levels) is all red. The openings on the ground floor on the south side are all gone too. It's just pure brick. Compare Albert C's 2nd last photo to the rendering below.

Maybe the east end's brick was always supposed to be grey but in the rendering it looked red. Now I see it's a much different colour than the red of the heritage structure on the north/east corner.

20220605_142954.jpg

16732-105918.jpeg

Couple cell shots from the south/east corner today. It's a weird mish-mash of of red & grey. Did they install the wrong bricks on the east side? 😂

It also looks like they have these indents breaking up the brick wall on the south side but it's not windows/empty space.

View attachment 406158View attachment 406159

I'd guess those brick panels will eventually be painted. Hard to believe they'd leave them as is...though we sure love our grey here!

I want to believe you but why would they install red brick and then other brick that needs painted?
my guess is, that they changed the plans for whatever reason. everyone knows if you paint brick, you'll need to paint it again in a few years so that doesn't really make sense

my guess is, that they changed the plans for whatever reason. everyone knows if you paint brick, you'll need to paint it again in a few years so that doesn't really make sense
Typically with these brick-patterned precast concrete panels in new construction, if the colour of the panel is not the final desired colour, then they stain them as opposed to painting them. While paint sits on the surface, stain seeps into the brick so that if the face of it is damaged a bit, then as long as the damage isn't too deep, the colour should still be there, and the colour should last a long time whether the brick is damaged or not.

Typically with these brick-patterned precast concrete panels in new construction, if the colour of the panel is not the final desired colour, then they stain them as opposed to painting them. While paint sits on the surface, stain seeps into the brick so that if the face of it is damaged a bit, then as long as the damage isn't too deep, the colour should still be there, and the colour should last a long time whether the brick is damaged or not.

this should help to explain it

Back