If I remember correctly, GO and all the buses coming south of Steeles except 97 will be using Steeles underground terminal. A few GO buses may continue to use Finch terminal while other are stopping on the street. GO will use the bus bays that VIVA use today.

The removal of various TTC routes from Finch to Steeles will free up more space at Finch terminal.

Various parking lot areas to be close off to the point some will/maybe remove once the subway opens in the 905, since the 905 cars makeup the bulk of parking in the first place. Removal will be done after a few years of service to see what parking may look like in the future. The removal of YRT bus bays will happen as needed.
Isn't the bus terminal at Steeles no longer going to be underground?

As a side note, why even bother running go busses south of the 407 anyway? The only reason they reach Finch Station today is because that's where the subway station terminates. Once the subway is extended to RHC, they can just terminate busses there and tell people to get on the subway.

As a side note, why even bother running go busses south of the 407 anyway? The only reason they reach Finch Station today is because that's where the subway station terminates. Once the subway is extended to RHC, they can just terminate busses there and tell people to get on the subway.
Actually, all the GO buses at Finch Terminal come from hwy 401 (except route 32 Brampton Trinity Common/North York which uses hwy 407) so most of them are probably going to stay where they are after the extension opens.

Actually, all the GO buses at Finch Terminal come from hwy 401 (except route 32 Brampton Trinity Common/North York which uses hwy 407) so most of them are probably going to stay where they are after the extension opens.
In that case those busses will either stop serving Finch, or start serving York Mills instead. What makes Finch appealing for those busses is connections to many TTC bus services and YRT/Viva services, without that its no better than stopping at Sheppard - and I doubt that they're going to have busses going ALL the way to Steeles.

In that case those busses will either stop serving Finch, or start serving York Mills instead. What makes Finch appealing for those busses is connections to many TTC bus services and YRT/Viva services, without that its no better than stopping at Sheppard - and I doubt that they're going to have busses going ALL the way to Steeles.
Very few people go down from York Region to Finch to transfer to a GO bus. Hwy 407 go bus is much faster than hwy 401. The reason why the GO bus from hwy 401 terminates at Finch GO Bus terminal is because of people going to North York Centre and getting off between Sheppard and Finch on street.

Last edited:
Very few people go down from York Region to Finch to transfer to a GO bus. Hwy 407 go bus is much faster than hwy 401. The reason why the GO bus from hwy 401 terminates at Finch GO Bus terminal is because of people going to North York Centre and getting off between Sheppard and Finch on street.
Depends. Getting to Highway 407 from Viva Blue is actually a pain and a half, Viva Orange is just that bad. Personally I always use Finch Station unless I can get dropped off at Highway 407.

Depends. Getting to Highway 407 from Viva Blue is actually a pain and a half, Viva Orange is just that bad. Personally I always use Finch Station unless I can get dropped off at Highway 407.
There are a lot of GO buses that connect with VIVA Blue at Richmond Hill Centre (Yonge & Hwy 7).

Last edited:

Ummm there are routes that run south of the 407. So you just want to eliminate those routes and have everyone walk to the Subway?;

What if you live inbetween the stations? What if you live in Thornhill woods? You expect people to walk 40minutes to the station?

Ummm there are routes that run south of the 407. So you just want to eliminate those routes and have everyone walk to the Subway?;

What if you live in between the stations? What if you live in Thornhill woods? You expect people to walk 40minutes to the station?
Regional services run to Richmond Hill, and local services run to the nearest subway station.

But why would you take a route like 88 Bathurst and not run it to Steeles station or Finch?

Why would you take passengers noth when most people want to go downtown?
I guess I wasn't clear enough.

YNSE Bus Demo.png

The past couple of replies are all talking about GO Transit bus services.

Go Transit should really rebrand themselves and not use the phrase "GO". It is too confusing when we say I go to Finch go bus terminal to go to Mississauga by go bus. TTC should also rename their "highway 407 station" on Jane Street because the name provides absolutely no information except that it is next to a highway that is more than 150km long.

GO Transit buses operate on two major highways: Highway 401 and Highway 407. After the Yonge North Subway Extension opens, it is most likely that the GO bus along Highway 407 will serve Bridge station. GO bus along Highway 401 will continue to serve Finch Terminal and along Yonge Street between Finch and Sheppard.

GO Transit buses operate on two major highways: Highway 401 and Highway 407. After the Yonge North Subway Extension opens, it is most likely that the GO bus along Highway 407 will serve Bridge station. GO bus along Highway 401 will continue to serve Finch Terminal and along Yonge Street between Finch and Sheppard.

At the risk of further muddying the waters, Bridge Station (and 407 Station) are clearly designed with the 407 Transitway in mind. It doesn't seem to be happening (to say the least) in the next 5 or 10 years but it will at least be close to reality by the time the YNSE opens. It's early and hard to guess how GO service might change once the Transitway comes online through this central section.

What if you live inbetween the stations? What if you live in Thornhill woods? You expect people to walk 40minutes to the station?
But why would you take a route like 88 Bathurst and not run it to Steeles station or Finch?

Why would you take passengers noth when most people want to go downtown?
Aren't we talking about GO busses here? Yes there should be YRT services to Steeles no duh, the question asked above was relating to the GO bus services that currently terminate at Finch Station.

Back