I was hoping this huge lot could be the spot for a huge office tower as a catalyst for extending the CBD east.. Oh well more condos.

I was hoping this huge lot could be the spot for a huge office tower as a catalyst for extending the CBD east.. Oh well more condos.

Don't forget that First Gulf - sister corporation to Great Gulf - undertakes office developments. I wouldn't necessarily count some office use out entirely.

Is this part of the no limit in height area of the Tall Buildings study?

Okay, I answered my own question.

The old (and does not appear to be listed or designated heritage) building is in a white no man's land on the map [2.7 mb pdf], and the northern part of the lot appears to be in the 77m-137m section (25s-45s).

Numbers 2, 20 and 26 Lombard Street (the older buildings east of Victoria Street ARE listed, as is 73/75 Victoria (the ex-Duggan Brewery).

See: http://www.toronto.ca/heritage-preservation/heritage_properties_inventory.htm

2 LOMBARD ST
Ward: 28 By-law: 854-88
Heritage District: N/A District Status: N/A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 LOMBARD ST
Ward: 28 By-law: 531-82

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26 LOMBARD ST
Ward: 28 By-law: 531-82

73 VICTORIA ST

75 VICTORIA ST

Numbers 2, 20 and 26 Lombard Street (the older buildings east of Victoria Street ARE listed, as is 73/75 Victoria (the ex-Duggan Brewery).

Thanks DSC. The site wasn't working for me earlier. Good to know that info.

though I am disappointed that it is ANOTHER twin development on a site that should really be a single building, I am not too devastated as great gulf is not known for producing disastorous products. this should at least be better than average.

Insider sources tell me that Great Gulf will not be rebuilding Shea's Victoria Vaudeville Theatre which once stood on the site:

pictures-r-5617.jpg

photo-toronto-sheas-vaudville-theatre-se-richmond-and-victoria-tivoli-just-across-victoria-the-same-ontario-shea-brothers-built-sheas-in--1.jpg

It was pretty slim chances- it was demolished 50 years ago and has long since passed from public consciousness, so it's unlike a Empress Hotel situation.

Rebuilding the Theatre would have helped tie together the two stray streetfronts and the buildings on the corner, though.

Last edited:

Back