Chipotle might be backing out. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the mall though. They've been in some turmoil lately, and their same-store sales are still down 20% from two years ago, which led to their Founder/CEO resigning.

Chipotle might be backing out. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the mall though. They've been in some turmoil lately, and their same-store sales are still down 20% from two years ago, which led to their Founder/CEO resigning.

Chipotle really seems to have lost the momentum they had a few years ago. I just hope the Blaze Pizza opens. They have a location at Yonge and Dundas Square, but going to Y&D is like crawling into someone's asshole.

Chipotle really seems to have lost the momentum they had a few years ago. I just hope the Blaze Pizza opens. They have a location at Yonge and Dundas Square, but going to Y&D is like crawling into someone's asshole.

So what's the negative of Y&D? I kid, but I think Chipotle's undoing was the constant stream of food poisoning stories coming out.

I kid, but I think Chipotle's undoing was the constant stream of food poisoning stories coming out.

That's part of it, but I think they're also just a mature company now. The burrito fad is over and they're coming back to normal sales levels.

YongeDundasSquare is a great public realm space but like many City infrastructure, the City doesn't adequately maintain it,... thus, "the bowels" of YongeDundasSquare - specifically the underground parking garage and elevator used to access Yonge subway northbound station usually reeks of urine.

And that's why these POPS (PrivatelyOwnedPublicSpace) are great,.. it's usually up to the developer/land-owner to maintain that public realm space,... like the POPS PublicSquare in front of HullmarkCentre or the Community Space (Non-Profit Childcare Facility and Family Service Centre) going in here at YongeSheppardCentre.

YongeDundasSquare is a great public realm space but like many City infrastructure, the City doesn't adequately maintain it,... thus, "the bowels" of YongeDundasSquare - specifically the underground parking garage and elevator used to access Yonge subway northbound station usually reeks of urine.

Yonge & Dundas is maintained very well. If there is something people don't like, it's the huge crowds during the day and the sketchy crowd that shows up when the area empties out.

And that's why these POPS (PrivatelyOwnedPublicSpace) are great,.. it's usually up to the developer/land-owner to maintain that public realm space,... like the POPS PublicSquare in front of HullmarkCentre or the Community Space (Non-Profit Childcare Facility and Family Service Centre) going in here at YongeSheppardCentre.

Huh? I park at that Green P almost every time I go to the Eaton Centre for a larger shop, and find it to be extremely well maintained.

My only city-building gripe with it is that, like with most other city-owned parking facilities, it is vastly too inexpensive.

My only city-building gripe with it is that, like with most other city-owned parking facilities, it is vastly too inexpensive.

Vastly too inexpensive? It's $22/day and $31 for 24 hours, even on weekends. And from what I see when I park there it's not at capacity. Raising the price would probably mean losing money, since a lot more people would go park at private lots nearby (Ryerson is already significantly cheaper, and the Eaton Centre costs about the same).

and if you are willing to walk a block there is a ton of $10 parking just to the east. I used to park at the lot on church where the new Ryerson building is going up for $5 on sundays 3-4 years ago.

Amnesia said, "Chipotle might be backing out. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the mall though. They've been in some turmoil lately, and their same-store sales are still down 20% from two years ago, which led to their Founder/CEO resigning."

Seems to be a hunch on your part pending more information but anything is possible. They have had problems but things are starting to turn around with sales at Chipotle restaurants open at least 13 months rising 1 percent for the third quarter ended Sept. 30. Net profit rose to $19.6 million, or 69 cents per share, from $7.8 million, or 27 cents per share a year earlier while revenue rose 8.8 percent to $1.13 billion. Those numbers are still lower than their peak but a healthy improvement. They plan to open 130 to 150 new stores next year so keep your eye on the Yonge St. frontage just north of Sheppard Ave. as Spring approaches.

Seems to be a hunch on your part pending more information but anything is possible. They have had problems but things are starting to turn around with sales at Chipotle restaurants open at least 13 months rising 1 percent for the third quarter ended Sept. 30. Net profit rose to $19.6 million, or 69 cents per share, from $7.8 million, or 27 cents per share a year earlier while revenue rose 8.8 percent to $1.13 billion. Those numbers are still lower than their peak but a healthy improvement. They plan to open 130 to 150 new stores next year so keep your eye on the Yonge St. frontage just north of Sheppard Ave. as Spring approaches.

Their unit is now marked as "Available" on the leasing plan.

http://riocan.com/leasing-portfolio/property/sheppard-centre

upload_2017-11-30_15-38-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-30_15-38-35.png
    upload_2017-11-30_15-38-35.png
    511 KB · Views: 334

Back