The immediate area cannot presently handle the traffic for the mall. How will the area handle traffic for 1000s of more residents and office workers?

Wished the plans were more urban and didn't have the drop off loops and surface parking.

Interesting.

I parked at Yorkdale in 2015 for a Jays playoff game and didn't get a ticket. Parked close to the Indigo.

Besides unless its a City of Toronto ticket you don't have to pay it.

This sort of cheating is an illegal offense and disrespectful of people's property. Stop being a cheating deadbeat and pay your fair share.

FYI...PPEAs/MLEOs do issue City of Toronto tickets. The deadbeats I catch in my parking lot ALWAYS get towed. $30 tickets are waaaaaaay too cheap of a punishment for you cheaters.

Perhaps the existing subway station might offer a solution?

This is a mall that regularly backups the 401 during the busy holiday shopping season. Not sure how a subway stop that's been there since 1976 is all of a sudden going to make a difference.

Perhaps the existing subway station might offer a solution? :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, you are going to have people who use cars. And with more residents and more office workers, you will have more more people using cars. The subway is not even solving the present traffic problems.

s
FYI...PPEAs/MLEOs do issue City of Toronto tickets. The deadbeats I catch in my parking lot ALWAYS get towed. $30 tickets are waaaaaaay too cheap of a punishment for you cheaters.

I don't think it actually works like that.

They have to call in a real City Parking Enforcement officer to hand out real tickets.

You should go to the mall on the weekend when the Jays are playing. The place is packed with Jays fans who have obviously parked at Yorkdale for 'free'.

I actually love those $79 tickets from private lots. They go straight in the garbage when I get them.

s

They have to call in a real City Parking Enforcement officer to hand out real tickets.

You should go to the mall on the weekend when the Jays are playing. The place is packed with Jays fans who have obviously parked at Yorkdale for 'free'.

I actually love those $79 tickets from private lots. They go straight in the garbage when I get them.

You know they can send those to collection, and while small, can cause a hit on your credit rating.

Update:
Oxford Properties' Yorkdale Mall hold an important position in the Canadian retail landscape, remaining the third largest enclosed shopping centre in the country. Employing approximately 6,680 part and full time staff, and contributing roughly $50.9 million in tax revenue to the City of Toronto annually, Yorkdale has had a positive economic impact to the surrounding area and beyond for over half a century now.

Unfortunately, you are going to have people who use cars. And with more residents and more office workers, you will have more more people using cars. The subway is not even solving the present traffic problems.

Outlaw "free" parking, and people might be encouraged to use public transit instead. It boggles my mind how people will spend an hour trying to find a parking spot at Yorkdale (or even give up and go away). It's only a matter of time before that sea of a parking lot has to be developed.

s

Yes it does work like that.

You get certified as an in-house MLEO (businesses that conduct parking enforcement solely on their properties to ensure their parking facilities are being used only by their patrons, members, employees, or tenants), and you issue actual City parking infraction notices and TPS tow cards.

Back