13 January 2011: It hit me like a ton of b(uses)ricks, but suddenly I know what inspired the colour choice here: Greyhound! Duh!

033zm.jpg

I was hoping someone would capture that-- the frosted glazing on the top is rather nice :)

After walking through Cityplace today and being overwhelmed by so much dreary grey, this makes me smile. Seriously, Cityplace was irritating the hell out of me, with grey in every direction I looked. I am now on a mission to abolish the colour grey from Toronto.

I HATE YOU CITYPLACE!

Residents

I have read the posts here and thank some of you for your kind words, but for those that are feeling that the whole building will make the area a bad area to live in I have this to tell you. I am university and college educated. I hold a BScN and am a licensed MLA/T. I want to live in this building. In the past six years my health has gone down so low that I have been placed on ODSP. This was not my choice. It was decided by my health. No it is not a mental disorder I have Crohn's as my first disease with many secondary conditions.

I have owned a home paid taxes. My taxes have helped not only my children and others to gain an education to enable to become what they wanted in life. To help the city to run in every fa-cite that was needed. I have been an rented, and when I rented I paid the landlord the cost of the taxes in order to the same. I have paid my dues all my life. No one has the right to look down on me or anyone else that will have the opportunity to live in complex no matter if they have a disability or not.

I have spent years of living in substandard rental units because they are willing to rent to those on social assistance. I have references from landlords that are impeccably clean. Yet, I don't feel that due to being on assistance means that I am not a whole person. Nor, do I like being treated like one.

I will tell you that I donate one day a week to a hospital in order to keep my mind alive. To feel like I am still a person that is worth something to the world. I would love to be working but seeing how I end up in the hospital at least three times a year no employer is willing to employ me.

The building that stands there today enhances the area and I am sure that it will continue to do so. This complex is built to help woman to better themselves. To give them every opportunity that is available to them.

For those that have welcomed the complex I thank you. For those that don't I hope that you will not end up like me a woman that needs help.

Back