News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

More importantly, if they cannot maintain a sufficient stock of tokens should they be trusted to handle a major event like the Pan Am games? Maybe it's time for Metrolinx to step in.

I think it's just a business issue in a light of a future fare rising. TTC don't want to lose money in case if someone stock up with tokens right now and use them after the Jan 3. I guess after that date TTC is going to remove the limit.

You can stock up, but not as easy buying a roll at a time.

Each trip you make, you buy 10 at a time. It will take you X time to get that number you want.

Not the first time TTC has set a limit on how many you can buy before a fare hike. This time, you don't have tickets to fall back on.

Since we are getting the 2015 games, expect to see TTC having the fare card in place by then as well a new fare structure.

You will have to Jan 1st to buy those 10 tokens at a time with a possibility of dropping to 5.

I think it's just a business issue in a light of a future fare rising. TTC don't want to lose money in case if someone stock up with tokens right now and use them after the Jan 3. I guess after that date TTC is going to remove the limit.
Dang, I wish I'd thought of that earlier!

kEiThZ said:
More importantly, if they cannot maintain a sufficient stock of tokens should they be trusted to handle a major event like the Pan Am games? Maybe it's time for Metrolinx to step in.
Unfortunately, I can definitely imagine that happening. If this is even a minute worry to the TTC, we should expect it to actually be a big deal, and they should be preparing for an alternative during the games. Hopefully they'll be able to negotiate presto in before then, maybe Metrolinx will even have taken over the TTC by the games!

I mostly walk so I use about 10 tokens every month. I'll definitely be heading to my nearest Shoppers Drug Mart and buying as many as they'll sell me. As far as I know, they don't have a limit and usually have a large supply.

If they were smart, they would take advantage of this opportunity to get lots of cash income in a short period of time.

Yes, I think if they were not paranoid they would make money since a lot of people end up losing some - the more you have the more you have to lose :p

If they were smart, they would take advantage of this opportunity to get lots of cash income in a short period of time.
And severely limit cash flow in the long run. They already complain about not milking riders enough. Can you imagine actually letting riders stock up?

Bulk selling makes business sense, and it would solve the current budget crisis.

It wouldn't solve it. It would delay it to the next fiscal year.

Worse, it would create a larger one next year as the tokens are sold for this year's rates while the TTC incurs inflated expenses next year.

Took only four days for the TTC to ration sales down to five tokens each. Good going, TTC!

Back