News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Metrolinx's PR has seemingly taken inspiration from North Korea's news readers 😂

Mussolini: Only I can make trains run on time.

Metrolinx: Only if Mussolini were to lead us could we make trains run on time, construction be completed ahead of schedule, and be underbudget.

Commuters a few decades later: Why are all the transit infrastructure crumbling? Why are there so many trains out of service?

It would be better to take famed Nintendo developer Shigeru Miyamoto's approach that being delayed is better than being rushed as a delayed project will come out much better than a rushed project.

Those of us on these threads took note of the building of Mlinx's massive PR campaign during the tail end of the lib era. It's a pretty strong campaign, so much so that I'm actually curious if they pay people to post here. Would that level of detail ever come out in an FOI?

Those of us on these threads took note of the building of Mlinx's massive PR campaign during the tail end of the lib era. It's a pretty strong campaign, so much so that I'm actually curious if they pay people to post here. Would that level of detail ever come out in an FOI?
It was confirmed last year that MX does monitor monitor social media (Instagram, Twitter and Reddit, among others) for public sentiment analysis. There is a MX slide deck floating around the internet where they compiled a bunch a mean stuff people said about them on the internet. An unusual move for a transport agency

It was confirmed last year that MX does monitor monitor social media (Instagram, Twitter and Reddit, among others) for public sentiment analysis. There is a MX slide deck floating around the internet where they compiled a bunch a mean stuff people said about them on the internet. An unusual move for a transport agency
Here's hoping Metrolinx doesn't read UT.

Monitoring is a given. And we know they pay ppl on instagram. I mean actually paying people to shill and/or astroturf on their behalf at a forum level.

I can you for a fact they do that they do, I was question about a few posting at a ML meeting after they were posted. Even TTC looks at the posting in various threads.

It would be disappointing if they didn't

When UT, filled with transit enthusiasts, misunderstands the big picture or benefits of a project then it's a strong sign the materials need to be improved for the general public rather than just spreading the existing material over additional media. There's a level of certainty that we've seen what is available.

Also, when UT misses something you hoped to hide, like a project cancellation/deferral, it's also a strong sign you've gotten away with it.

Last edited:
I didn't see this mentioned specifically and not that it really matters but that article also confirmed they are using P3 DBF: "Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario are looking for the best local and international bidders to submit proposals on how they could design, build and finance the stations and railway systems for the extension". The latest IO December 2020 Market Update had this as TBD.

I didn't see this mentioned specifically and not that it really matters but that article also confirmed they are using P3 DBF: "Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario are looking for the best local and international bidders to submit proposals on how they could design, build and finance the stations and railway systems for the extension". The latest IO December 2020 Market Update had this as TBD.
Well considering its a TTC Line 2 extension, it kinda makes sense since the bidder wouldnt Operate or Maintain the extension

Back